• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you have ski/food associations?

NannyMin

Banned
Oh, man, I've been drooling over the duck breast on their menu, I'm jealous! They are connected to the wine shop downstairs so their wine list is fantastic as are their cocktails. Actually, they have a unique price structure on their bottles, its price downstairs plus $25 so for a cheap bottle it isn't great but for an expensive bottle of wine that's a miniscule mark-up. Oh, and all their red wines by the glass are the same price same with whites so you choose based on what you want, not price.
They also have a deal with the tasting menu for $25 additional to pair a wine with each course.
Nanny, isnt' the artwork fantastic! I want the big long one where the bench seat is.

Fabulous! :thumbsup:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's not quite the same, but I love the amount of energy and calories burnt during a day on the mountain, and how it means that I don't have to worry about what I have for dinner! I'm working on losing weight, but ski days are usually the ones where I splurge on dinner afterwards, on the days that I ski through lunch. It's a rewarding sport.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I taught at Mt Holly, we always had lunch at the bar across the street. They had the best "Ranch Fries" - big spiced potato wedge fries with a bowl of ranch dressing.Yuuuuummmmm. :love:

Now it's the giant Crystal Crispies. Humongous Rice Crispy treats, some with a coat of chocolate over the top. Can you say calories and sugar??????

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh MY gosh! You guys are making me sooo hungry! Did I mention that I just finished dinner?? :decision:

If we are staying there, then lunch is a frozen burrito (or 2) and dinner is spaghetti with frozen meatballs and jarred sauce with Colombo garlic bread.

If buying meals, then lunch is a spicy brat with sour kraut & yellow mustard and Round Table pizza for dinner. Yummmm

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Volklgirl your not fooling me! You didn't go over to the groveland Bar for their fries. You went over to hide from Pam and the buses!!!! :wink: Old trick! Busted! " Honest Pam I didn't hear the page over the P.A.! And I wasn't on the backside either." She use to call over there to round up her brother-inlaw John, and the rest of us that he had lead astray! I must know you . I just can't place you. I moved back to Mi. in winter of "95". Were you at Holly then? Mike Barry and I were talking about this the Sat. before we closed, old faces and what not. I can't believe Pam ever hired any of us back! We were evil, but we had fun! Pam even had my son teach for her while he was in highschool. (Obviously she didn't learn from her mistakes!) Lol. By the way I have a very increminating picture of Woody mooning me at the slush cup this spring! He's still a pervert, but in a good way. :wink: P.S they still have the fries there, but unfortunately way to much cigarette smoke!:mad2:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Slightly smashed tuna sandwiches (with chopped apples and pecans in the tuna salad) and spiced tea (the instant homemade kind with Tang and Nestea and sugar mixed together). That was definitely my mom's go-to lunch and apres-in-the-car hot drink when I was growing up.

skihawk

Certified Ski Diva
Hmmmm... everytime I ski I crave the wings we had at this resturaunt in Maine (Longfellows). It was after our first day of skiing on a big mountain. We drove into town and stopped at a random resturaunt. Not only did we strike up some great conversation with the staff... we found wings that were truly amazing. In fact, we went back three times for a late afternoon lunch once we had our fill of skiing. The wings were delish (home made sauce... and non-greasy wonderful wings). I also think about Carrabassett Pale Ale! I'm usually a light beer girl... but being from the midwest... and more specifically... Wisconsin... I love a beer. I fell in love with this beer. The local liquor store is going to try to order it for us. Now that ski season in south eastern Wisconsin is over, I will have to wait until next year to enjoy it as a post ski beverage.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Oh, I forgot one! :redface:

Apres sushi in the upstairs bar at Matsuhisa in Aspen. Indulgent and oh so very delicious. Now that I no longer live on a coast, this is where I think of when I think of sushi. And I associate it with that post-skiing feeling, which I never would have, back when we lived in SF.

mmmmm Matsu's. So good, yet SO pricey. Next time you're here, hit up Takah or Kenichi. Same fish delivery/vendor - but a little cheaper.

Christy

Angel Diva
My food association is edible to bad institutional food. All the food I've had at ski areas reminds me of airport food. I know there are good restaurants in some ski towns, but they are always so overpriced (and I don't mean expensive--I mean I can a great meal in Paris or New York for less than what a good restaurant in Whistler charges). This is one reason I am dying to go to France to ski--how can you beat a raclette lunch with a nice white from Alsace?

(Maybe there needs to be another thread about the best food at particular areas?)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Volklgirl your not fooling me! You didn't go over to the groveland Bar for their fries. You went over to hide from Pam and the buses!!!! :wink: Old trick! Busted! " Honest Pam I didn't hear the page over the P.A.! And I wasn't on the backside either." She use to call over there to round up her brother-inlaw John, and the rest of us that he had lead astray! I must know you . I just can't place you. I moved back to Mi. in winter of "95". Were you at Holly then? Mike Barry and I were talking about this the Sat. before we closed, old faces and what not. I can't believe Pam ever hired any of us back! We were evil, but we had fun! Pam even had my son teach for her while he was in highschool. (Obviously she didn't learn from her mistakes!) Lol. By the way I have a very increminating picture of Woody mooning me at the slush cup this spring! He's still a pervert, but in a good way. :wink: P.S they still have the fries there, but unfortunately way to much cigarette smoke!:mad2:
No, really, it was the fries! :becky: :wink:
We must have just missed each other because I started teaching there in 1990 (I think) and moved up here in 1994.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was curious... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartiflette is this the Tartiflette you were talking about?

That's it, it is incredible. It's on every menu in the Chamonix/Savoie region. Soooo good.

I thought of something else, not really food. The hot cider they have in resorts, it's my preferred drink during the day, hot, sugary for energy, but doesn't leave you bloated like a lot of hot chocolates. We don't have it hear in Australia, so I always pack as much of it as I can in the nooks and crannies of my suitcase. It's quite cool here tonight (it's been snowing in our Alpine regions!) so I might just have one after dinner.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'm totally not a foodie - the only association I have is a good, cold Canadian-made Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade after a full day at Searchmont.

And it has to be Canadian-made, as they're made with vodka in Canada, and aren't the overly sweet malt beverage that we get here in the US.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga