• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Do any of you use credit cards strictly for points and other travel benefits?

elemmac

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is all great info. Thanks. I am deciding between the Chase Saphire and Capital One. They both have a $95 annual fee from what I can tell. @santacruz skier How did you get no annual fee for capital one or is that an introductory offer?
If you go with the Sapphire and you travel a decent amount...really just one decent sized trip a year, it’s well worth going for the Sapphire Reserve. The $400 annual fee seems completely absurd but it includes $300 back towards travel, which automatically gets taken off your bill. Plus you can get TSA PreCheck fees back, a Priority Lounge Pass for the airports for free, Executive status with National Car rental which gets you free upgrades...and you gain points faster than the Sapphire Preferred.

I feel like I’m sales pitching right now, haha. But having started with the Preferred card and then moved to the Reserved, I’m definitely not sorry.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recently became a fan of this website: https://thepointsguy.com/ where they have all kinds of useful information regarding credit cards and reward points. I'm in Canada so a lot of the information is irrelevant to me but I still enjoy the other parts of the site like the reviews and travel news sections.

Plus you can get TSA PreCheck fees back, a Priority Lounge Pass for the airports for free, Executive status with National Car rental which gets you free upgrades...and you gain points faster than the Sapphire Preferred.
I did not know about the executive status for car rental. Thanks for the tip! I also really like my Sapphire Reserve card and have found it excellent for travel.... it was the reason why I could go to Banff this past spring for spring skiing!

mustski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks all. We went with the Sapphire Preferred and the Capital One Venture. By the time I paid for 2 cruises (6 fares) airfare to Europe and our lodging in Europe and San Juan, PR - I had enough point for 3 airline tickets to San Juan, PC from LA and it's a reasonable flight at reasonable times! Yay. Thanks for the advice. We are not normally credit card people but it just made sense this year.

Members Online