• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva Get-Together at Mammoth, Apr. 17-18

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I am double posting this information for any Divas who are not yet "certified" so cannot see "Divas Only" section and cannot PM.

I keep running into Divas who post that they ski or would like to ski at Mammoth, but I've never met any of you on the slopes. Time to change that!!! :grouphug:

From responses already in, it seems like most Divas would like to meet Apr. 17-18. This is the last weekend when all of Mammoth is open. They have lots of snow and everything will be skiable for months, but they close at least half the mountain in mid-April, due to many southern Californians turning to other pursuits, and also some of their seasonal employees have their visas run out about that time.

Please post if you can make it that weekend, if you will need discount lift tickets, or any other comments. Unfortunately, discount tickets are not good on weekends. FYI, I plan to be at Mammoth starting earlier that week, probably Tues. or Weds.

I will keep this thread updated with relevant information from the thread already started in the "Meet on the Hill" section. :bounce:

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi, SkiBum..
I am so IN - already have my air purchased! YAHOO!
Got cheap airmiles flights 14th - 20th, (she said I got the last ones for that fare!) - will p/u car in Reno and get down to Mammoth on the 14th or 15th, depends on a couple things, esp., will I have energy to drive all that way after a day in the air...
If I get there the 14th, maybe we can ski the 15th! ;)
Hope that you get a bunch of women to show - I can benefit from skiing w/ better skiers than myself. I always learn something when I have that kind of opportunity.
THX so much for putting this together!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hey Windee. You're the instructor, I expect we'll learn from you.

I've skied with Epic and Diva instructors and they've uniformly been some of the nicest people I have ever skied with. Even with Level 3's who did not show off or flaunt their speed and super abilities, but were nice enough to kick in a tip or two when asked.

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not me!

SkiBum..
I'm an instructor because I can stay a couple steps ahead of the never-evers! ')
Don't expect much - I ski OK but not like how I WANT to ski!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Drive a Ford, Get a Free Mammoth Lift Ticket

I thought this promotion was over but heard an ad for it on the radio tonight. I doubt it will work for Windee on the East Coast, but any northern or southern California Divas should definitely check it out if you plan on coming to Mammoth any time this season.

skithesierras

Angel Diva
I'm still working on getting up there (need to get DH on board)! Would love to meet and ski with those who are going! Don't have any lodging lined up yet, though.

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
HI Ski..
My DH and I were at Mammoth in March - I will be back there for the Diva weekend, as well..
I have a # that you can call; it's to the owner of a small 1 BR condo I found on line @ Homeaway.com. It was really reasonable, and cute, working FP, very quiet. no college groups, etc., and it is right on the main rd. up to all the base areas. ALL the transit lines go by. Village area around the corner, near everything, and again reasonable, and clean, well kept.
Need the #, let me know! I hope you can make it - I am SO excited to meet some Divas!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Mammoth Get-Together has begun!!

The snow and the company are both excellent!!!

Today was my fifth day of the trip. So far I had one icy day, one stormy powder day, one bluebird powder day, one ego snow packed powder day, and today the lower mountain started getting soft in the afternoon.

Today was the first day for Windee and Beli-Grrl. We had a fabulous time skiing and chatting on the lifts. The combination of great snow, plus making 2 new friends, made this one of the best days of my season.

There is a slight chance of snow tomorrow. We will be skiing with 3 friends of mine, all women, whom I know from the Mammoth forum. It should be another fun day!!!

Skithesierras will be driving up Friday night.

Anyone else who would like to join us for the weekend is invited. :grouphug:

skithesierras

Angel Diva
Sounds like a great week - I'm looking forward to joining you!! See you all tomorrow (Saturday) at 10am at the Supersign by Broadway Express!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga