• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Difference between Atomic Hawx and Hawx Magna

alicie

Angel Diva
Anyone know what the difference is between these. Can't seem to find anywhere that says what the actual difference is.

Thanks.

I have Atomic hawx 80 boots. Would be curious about the difference also.

alicie

Angel Diva
Thanks.
Would that mean the magna has slightly more space in the calf area, or is the foot just a bit wider?

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
From what I can tell, it's an intermediate width between between the hawx and the livefit models. Hawxs have a 100mm last, the livefit 106 mm. The Hawx magnas are 102mm. It also has more allowances for a higher instep. I just got fitted for the Magnas today, the Hawx 90 Magnas. I used to be in a livefit 90 27.5, but as I've improved as a skier, they have just felt way too wide and roomy. The Hawx didn't fit me in the instep, but the Magnas buckled easily. I'll review them as soon as I take them out on the slopes.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
oh, and I forgot to mention, the room in the calf is about the same as the Hawx, not as wide as the Livefits. So the difference is really the last, and fitting higher insteps.

alicie

Angel Diva
Ended up with the hawx, so far so good not skied in them yet, hopefully this week or next week. And they are not bad looking boots. I was surprised how well they fit, all the issues I've found trying on other boots just weren't there. The live fit were really weird fitting boots.

Bea_salvat

Certified Ski Diva
I bought the Hawx 80 2016, from all the ones that I tried these were the ones that felt the most comfortable everywhere. I have a wide calf and a high arch and I used to have Salomon Quest Access, but they were really hurting my instep.
I already skied in the Hawx and I loved them. Also, after buying them, I read over here that they were very cold, I was worried about that but no, they are no different than the Salomon.

I have the Atomic Hawx 80. I am on my third season with them so this season will be their swan song. Not an ideal boot for me but only because I have wacky feet issues but they've gotten me this far, thanks to footbeds and many tweaks by my boot guy. I'd say its a very good boot.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I have a wide calf and a high arch and I used to have Salomon Quest Access, but they were really hurting my instep.

yes - this is me too. wide calf, high arch, high instep. my problem this time around was really finding a boot that would fit my instep without me being in pain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna