• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dermatone- SPF 23 chapstick for your face

BackOnTrack

Certified Ski Diva
I'm a redhead so I kind of have a thing for sunscreen. What I find so groovy about this one is that it also keeps the windburn at bay, even when it's -15 in the parking lot. Perfect for the bits peeking out between the neckwarmer and goggles!

It's a bit slimy going on but once out in the chill I don't notice it at all and the stuff doesn't wear off quickly. No breakouts but I rinse it off sooner rather than later after getting off the hill cos once I warm up the chapstick layer gets slimy again.
It's not half as icky as it sounds and it makes the difference between finishing the day with skin that feels like this :love: rather than this :mad2:

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My problem is my eyes. If it's cold, they just water all day, and by the time I'm finished, I look like I've been on a major crying jag. Any cure for that?

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you wearing goggles, cyn? The only time I have trouble with tearing is when I don't have my goggles on.

BackOnTrack-- does the Dermatone come in a small glue-stick sized container, too? I'd like something small to keep in a jacket pocket. What's the price range?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lori, I don't have a glue stick style but I do have a small tin that fits in my sleeve pocket nicely. Although I forget to use it often. Oops.

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I wear goggles. I guess my eyes are just sensitive. I don't have this problem when it warms up in the spring.

BackOnTrack

Certified Ski Diva
Yup, it's a stick that's 3" long by 1" diameter, blue with yellow cap. The stick is handy because you don't need to gum up your fingers to put it on. Fits nicely in a pocket, but don't land on it if you bail! :smile:
About $7, it lasts quite a while.

Jilly

Staff member
I have something similar under a grocery store "private label", President's Choice and its SPF 30. Use is summer and winter. And as BackOnTrack says, the stick is really handy

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is this what you have:

Facial Sunblock Moisturizing Stick SPF 23, 0.75 oz
found here:
https://www.dermatone.com/stick.htm

I think this would be great for me. I wear a mask now and it's not too practical on some days. Did you get it online or specialty store?

BackOnTrack

Certified Ski Diva
that's the stuff, ski chick.
i got mine at an outdoor equip store, i've seen it at a few places so hopefully you won't have to search much for it.

SnowDancer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good Stuff

I'm a fair-skinned, blue-eyed strawberry blonde with skin that usually just burns. Been using the Dermatone stick and/or tin products for many skiing years. Great protection against sunburn AND windburn, and it does not aggravate either my acne or my guy's rosacea. There's also a spray to use on the part in your hair for sunny days in warmer weather (when I don't wear a hat, that's the first thing to go crispy on me - OUCH!)

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's also a spray to use on the part in your hair for sunny days in warmer weather (when I don't wear a hat, that's the first thing to go crispy on me - OUCH!)

Wow, that's EXACTLY what I need in the summer! Thanks for the info, Ladies. The Dermatone stuff sounds great-- winter and summer!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna