• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Denver - Things to do

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Denverites - we usually stay overnight in Denver before driving up to the mountains the next day, where is a good place to eat in LoDo - I think there are a few brewpubs around that area? Is there anywhere in particular you would recommend?

I LOVE the Chophouse and the Wynkoop Brewery (right by the train station if you are going to Winter Park)! There's a million other places, too. What type of food do you like?

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On this occasion, something that goes well with beer! Good burgers, ribs, steak etc. Nothing vegetarian in other words, and we will have been travelling for about 36 hours so will have an appetite!

I love that area of Denver, we stumbled onto it because it's right near REI, which is usually our first stop..

Oooooooh! Right on the corner from REI is a FABULOUS place called "My Brother's Bar"

I HIGHLY recommend that!

I'll come up with some more later!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chophouse and Wynkoop are great suggestions ... there is also Dixon's, which never disappoints. (If you'll be eating breakfast in town, save Dixon's for breakfast, though.)

Here's a different idea: the Pepsi Center (sports arena) has a gorgeous restaurant inside called Blue Sky Grill. It is decorated like a Western ranch -- a very expensive one, that is.

"Log beams that make up the walls and parts of the ceiling were reclaimed from Yellowstone National Park fires. The rest of the wood ceiling is made of old snow fences. The floor is made of 100-year-old wood planks from historic barns. Stone columns and two grand fireplaces are made of Fremont Gold stone gathered from a quarry in Pueblo, Colo.

"The restaurant is decorated with Western art, antler chandeliers, wrought-iron lighting fixtures and antiques. Comfortable leather chairs surround the fireplaces, and the dining chairs are made of raw wood and leather."

The food is Western cuisine, as well: elk quesadillas, Rocky Mtn trout, pheasant, bison, and so on.

The entrance is on the south side of the arena, lower level. It's always open to the public on nights that there is a game (and with hockey and basketball, that's almost every night during ski season) ... other nights, too, but sometimes it's rented out (if there isn't a sports event). So you would need to call ahead, possibly.

Anyway, it's an idea, a little different ...

Ahhhhhh! Blue Sky Grill in the Pepsi Center is GREAT! Very "Mountainy" inside, but it is a little expensive. It's also a little off of the LODO way, but only about 5 minutes off.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooooooh! Right on the corner from REI is a FABULOUS place called "My Brother's Bar"

I HIGHLY recommend that!

I'll come up with some more later!

That sounds fantastic, that might be the place.

Blue Sky Grill sounds lovely too, but might be wasted, we will probably be nodding off over our dinner.

Breakfast is..... Denny's I'm afraid, my husband is obsessed with Denny's breakfast. He is already starting to dream about it. (We don't have Denny's down here). Actually, the one we normally go to is near the Pepsi centre.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We would LOVE to go to a hockey game. What would be the chances of a game being on, or getting a ticket?

When are you coming? I'll check the schedule.

Also, My Brother's Bar has the best Cheeseburgers EVER!!!!!!

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
all great suggestions, however if you go to REI just drive up 15th into the highlands, some of the best food in Denver (I'm a bit biased). Great food at highland pacific on 32nd and also at meade street station, sushi hai, and 8 rivers.
www.highlands-square.com

ps - nuggets exhibition game is tomorrow so basketball is starting up now too... can't wait to go!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We would LOVE to go to a hockey game. What would be the chances of a game being on, or getting a ticket?

It isn't too tough to get a ticket ... depends on who the Avalanche are playing. There are usually tickets for sale outside the arena at game time, as well.

If I'm looking at your schedule correctly on another thread, there are actually 2 home games around the time you'll be in Denver ... 1/24, and 2/18. The game on the 18th is vs the Red Wings ... so that one should be a doozy, but harder to get tickets. Do it early. The game on the 24th is against the Wild; that one won't be too tough.

We have season tickets, so if you have any other questions, let me know!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna