• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Demo Days in Tahoe?

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey Divas!

I'm new here and fairly new to skiing but tooootally addicted (started in 2015, did 9 days; have already done 11 days this season, with plans to ski more!). DH and I got season leases with the basic rental skis, leveled up from greens to blues, and are now keen to get skis!

I've already got boots (custom vacuum Fischers, omg so great), so now I need to find skis!

I have so many questions, which I can get to eventually, but to start: does anyone know if there are any demo days coming to Tahoe? We've got season passes at Heavenly, but are happy to head to Sierra-at-Tahoe or Mt. Rose, if needed. Since I've only skied on basic rentals, I have zero clue about what I want or what will work for me, so I want to try as many skis as I can in a single day (if possible!).

I'm starting a short list for skis I'd like to try, but since I have no real baseline, I'd like to try them all!

TIA :becky:

BcRose

Certified Ski Diva
Bobos in Reno has demo mornings every Friday at Mt. Rose. They limit it to 25 people so you do need to sign up ahead of time. This Friday they are having a Blizzard Quattro Demo day. Not sure one needs to sign up for that or not. Also I have just discovered that you can borrow Moment skis from the factory in Sparks -- just go by the factory with your boots.

BcRose

Certified Ski Diva
I think they like you to go into the store in Reno and sign up. You could try to call them and sign up. They only take up a limited number of skis, so they will ask for three skis you would like to try. Their ph number is 775.826.9096 -- just googled the ph. number so hopefully it is correct.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna