• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo Days 2023

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has someone else started a thread like this yet this season? I thought I remembered one, but a search didn't pull it up.

New England Demo days that I know of so far are:
Dec 3- Sunday River
Dec 9- Ken Jones @ Waterville Valley
Dec 10- Wachusett

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I just checked the Wachusett website and the Dec 10 date is grayed out on the demo reservation page so I am assuming it's sold out? Too bad as I was considering going.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just checked the Wachusett website and the Dec 10 date is grayed out on the demo reservation page so I am assuming it's sold out? Too bad as I was considering going.
I posted after seeing the FB page, but didn't look at the details. The price has gone up, it used to be $39 for anyone. Demo day can be fun, sometimes taking pot luck with what ever ski is available at the time, but if you are actually looking for new skis and not just goofing around like I usually do, perhaps a personal demo day might be the ticket. The website used to mention a limit of I think around 4 skis for the fee, but talking to the guy today he told me he'd let me try out as many as I wanted all day long. Go in with an easy demeanor and talk skis, and you should be fine. Granted, it was a super quiet weekday today, but...

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Ken Jone website isn't showing the demo day yet, but from an email:

Demo Day is On
Catch the KJ Team along with major brands including Atomic, Black Crows, Dynastar, Elan, Fischer, Head, Rossingol, K2, Salomon and more at Waterville Valley Friday December 9th, 2022!

Demo Day Tickets are available In-Store. A select number of tickets will be available day of. When you purchase your ticket at Ken Jones you will leave with your Direct to Lift RFID valid for December 9th, 2022 and your demo day card. The demo day card allows skiers to try as many skis as they'd like throughout the day. Make sure to keep both the RFID and Demo Day Card in a safe place until Demo Day. Ken Jones is not liable for lost, or misplaced cards.

We've compiled a list of FAQs and answers. Take a look below to get all the details for this years demo day.

• What do I need to have to purchase my Demo Ticket at Ken Jones?
    • You'll need a valid form of payment, Drivers License, Height, Weight, Boot Sole Length (found here), and approximate din setting (found here).
  • If I have a Season's pass or Day Pass to Waterville Valley for Dec 9th do I still need to pay for a demo day card?
    • You do not need to pay for a Ticket, but you will need to come to Ken Jones Prior to Demo Day to fill out your Demo Day Card
  • What happens if I lose my Demo Day Card or RFID before Demo Day?
    • You will not be able to participate in Demo Day. No exceptions.
  • What if I'm buying tickets for multiple people at once?
    • Make you have all their information listed above before purchasing multiple tickets.
  • Am I able to order tickets over the phone?
    • Tickets are only available in store on a first come, first serve basis.

MissySki

Angel Diva
It’s annoying though that you need to buy in person at the shop for Ken Jones.. this is not how it was in the past..

Ermit

Certified Ski Diva
@Peppermint I noticed that too, but you can now register directly from the "Event" tab. I don't think the registration was up yet yesterday -- I was going to call, but checked the site again just now and it's working.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Has someone else started a thread like this yet this season? I thought I remembered one, but a search didn't pull it up.

New England Demo days that I know of so far are:
Dec 3- Sunday River
Dec 9- Ken Jones @ Waterville Valley
Dec 10- Wachusett
Dec 16 - Taos

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Sugarloaf:

DEC 17​

DEMO DAY​

Test out the latest offerings from the ski industry’s top manufacturers during our annual Demo Day. Vendors will be set up at the SuperQuad; $20 pre-registration is required at Downhill Supply Company.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Peppermint I noticed that too, but you can now register directly from the "Event" tab. I don't think the registration was up yet yesterday -- I was going to call, but checked the site again just now and it's working.
This is true - I asked about registering for the Wachusett demo day at customer service/in the shop yesterday, because I couldn't do it online earlier this week, but I was able to register yesterday evening online.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I guess there may be a few late season demo days happening in the next few weeks.

A local ski shop is sponsoring a demo day for Stöckli skis at Greek Peak in central NY on Sunday, Feb. 26, 9am-1pm.

Jilly

Staff member
Depends on the place. At our mountain, they are free. The manufacturers bring in the skis (snowboards and goggles too). But you need to give them information and a security. So they want a driver's license or in the case in Canada, your health card.

If it's a store, I have seen them selling "tickets". I imagine that is to cover the costs of demo's and maybe the rental of the spot on the hill.

sashak

Certified Ski Diva
Depends on the place. At our mountain, they are free. The manufacturers bring in the skis (snowboards and goggles too). But you need to give them information and a security. So they want a driver's license or in the case in Canada, your health card.

If it's a store, I have seen them selling "tickets". I imagine that is to cover the costs of demo's and maybe the rental of the spot on the hill.
Thanks so much!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Silly question but do you know how much it costs to demo on these days?
As mentioned, depends on the situation. I would expect the Stöckli demo day at Greek to be free. That's usually the case when it's just one brand. For instance, Rossignol has a permanent demo yurt at Deer Valley for free demo skis.

Not sure it's still there, but Jackson Hole had a demo tent run by the resort ski shop near the base of the Casper lift a few years ago. It was $10 for the day. My ski buddy and I checked out a few pairs of skis in the afternoon. It was early season so not that much was open. We just did a short run or two off Casper.

When I've rented demo skis at a destination resort, the cost has run $40-60 per day. The off-mountain local shop in Meadow Village at Big Sky keeps demo skis for two seasons. Can get a great deal for a multi-day rental of models from the previous season. Of course, not as easy to swap out during the day as when renting from a shop at the main base.

One reason I like to demo skis out west is to know what brands/models I like as powder skis in case I get lucky and want to rent wider skis.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Silly question but do you know how much it costs to demo on these days?
It really varies. I have gone to demo days where it is free as long as you have a pass, then I have been to others that are around $25. I’ve seen some that are like $50 and tend not to do that unless I really want to try something and know they will have it. I’m happy to pay $25 to play on new skis though just to try stuff out and stay current on what’s out there. Often places will also give you a credit towards purchase if you are actually looking to buy, so that can be nice too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna