• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

December 9 storm

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The first big one of the year for New England. We have 10-12 inches here in VT right now, and it's still coming down. Winds are VERY high, with nearly white-out conditions at the top of the mountain.

Yes, I was out there today. And I got to try out my new Volkl Auras! Wooo-hoooo!!!!!

The bad roads kept most everyone home, so we almost had it all to ourselves. There's still only limited terrain open, but this will go a long way in helping drop the ropes.

It's about time Ullr paid attention to the long suffering northeast! Thanks, Ullr! :bounce:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm at the CSIA convention at Tremblant and they closed down the mountain at 12:30. When I went to pick up my information package this morning, I was really surprised that we were a go!

The wind!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Come on up! I'm out there most days (but not weekends :smile:) !

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Piling up nicely here, but I'm guessing that many, if not most, don't have to contend with what's fairly typical in this region with any storm, be it rain, wind or snow (or any combination thereof): power outages. Just put up with 4 hours of it, finally restored just as I was lighting half a dozen candles to see in the dark. We do have a generator wired up to some "key" survival stuff (but NO way to cook or even heat water! :eek:)(at least indoors...), but that hasn't been attended to yet and requires some serious muscle to pull-start. Thank goodness we have a wood-burning insert in a fireplace or it might have gotten nippy indoors. Power going out is nothing unusual here - I'd say it happens about 2 or 3 times a month, average, length of outage varies. Gave up on electric clocks years ago.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Skisailor said:
How did you like the Auras??!

Very fun! I thought they performed quite well in the deep stuff. And I have the new ones with the new graphics, too!

4172130959_61a2e35b85.jpg

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a power outage too. 7+ hours of no heat, lights, and water. We got down to 61 degrees before the power came on again. Just in time to warm up and head out to the snow tomorrow. Wahoo!!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just got back inside from snow blowing the driveway (phew, good workout). Looks to be +- a foot here - ? - hard to tell because the wind has now kicked up. More of a problem on the coast in this region than inland, and inland appears to be evading some of that dreaded forecasted glaze/mix. Very nice base-building snow, thrilled to have it! :thumbsup:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm surprised we didn't lose power. Usually we do. Downloading on the gondola was interesting. I made the mistake of sitting upside. So I could see the cable, wheels etc as we went down.

Still storming here!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga