• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dalbello Electra 8 v. Lange Exclusive 90

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This review is directed to the high-intermediate to low-advanced skier.

I know it's unorthodox to review a boot before I've even skied in them, but I'm really excited about the Dalbello Electra 8 that I bought yesterday.

After much research, I was convinced that the boot that I needed was the Lange Exclusive 90 ($299 on sale at end of season). But when I got to the store, I found that the Dalbello Electra 8 ($255 on sale) fit much better and offered more features than the Lange, for less money.

My foot is bizarre: very wide forefoot (bunions); heel and achilles tendon are narrower than most women's. The Dalbello Electra 8 fit me perfectly right out of the box! I was amazed. My foot felt held snugly all around. Not a single adjustment was necessary.

The Lange is a narrower boot and would have required blowing out the shell.

The Dalbello has a dual-density shell---firmer along the side of the foot for support; softer on the instep to make it easier to get into. 4 micro and macro adjustable buckles, of course. Adjustable calf support (goes up and down according to the height of your calf). Wide power strap. Canting.

My one problem with the Dalbello was the liner. The original furry liner felt too cushy for me, and too hot. The store agreed to put in a thinner liner from a lesser model, which will be cooler and more sensitive. You racing divas would hate the original liner, but advanced intermediates might love it for its thick cushioning and warmth.

I debated whether to get the Electra 8 or the stiffer 10. Most stores I called had only the 8. They reported that they sold it to plenty of low-advanced skiers and even higher and had positive feedback. The forward flex felt fine to me---my knee was behind my toes---and the lateral flex felt supportive.

The Lange, by contrast, is defintely a harder boot. The liner is cloth rather than furry stuff, and a lot thinner, so you have better contact with the shell. But the boot overall feels significantly harder and less comfortable than the Dalbello.

I found the Electra in 3 colors on the internet. Mine are a beautiful blue. See it here: https://www.ajssportinggoods.com/lifesports/product.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=16010&pf_id=DL_14260&

I'm expecting this boot to serve me well as a low-advanced skier skiing about 30% black trails, tending toward the easier of those. Will report back when I ski with them in a couple of days.

I know this is a premature review, but I'm really excited to have found a boot that fits like a glove right out of the box. Stores told me that this is how women usually react to this boot.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the review.
My Niece has a very wide short foot and loves her dalbellos, because they have a series dedicated to a wide foot, and yet, my narrow foot with a high instep is happy with the Krypton line.

Happy feet make a happy skier.:D

SnowGlider

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update on Dalbello Electra 8

After skiing in the Dalbello Electra 8, I concluded that the liner in this boot is too soft for advanced skiing. Although the fit seemed snug in the store, on the hill it felt like the excess cushioning of the liner was allowing too much lateral movement of the forefoot, with resulting loss of control of the skis. Also, this boot was too wide in the heel for me.

I went down to a lower size and the heel was still not firmly held, so I abandoned this boot in favor of the Head S8. Will report on that after trying it.

Intermediate skiers may be happy with the Electra 8.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga