• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Da Bumps!

NannyMin

Banned
I'm so excited! I've always had this "fear" of bumps and have "skied" them very poorly. Basically I just made it down alive :smile: . I had a private instuctor today (Niger Geary @ Beaver Creek if anyone is interested) who made it so, so easy. We skied bumps for the last three hours of the day and by the end I was skiing a double black diamond mogul run with relative ease. I am astonished...I wish I had found Niger earlier :( His explanations were so clear and easy to put into place and he understands that you can only incorporate a couple of new actions at a time.

Da bumps...da bumps...I like them now! :D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Due to the lack of bump skiing in Michigan, I've never had the opportunity to really "get it". I have, however always had the desire to ski bumps and have skied the little 5 turn bump hills at our local ski area as often as I can. A recent trip and some excellent instruction from our very own Tcarey and Cnewbound revealed a very busy upper body that was throwing me all off balance. I'm working on that now and am really excited to see what the 2007-08 season has in store for my bump technique!

Someday I wanna look like this:
n830505017_219363_949.jpg

NannyMin

Banned
Due to the lack of bump skiing in Michigan, I've never had the opportunity to really "get it". I have, however always had the desire to ski bumps and have skied the little 5 turn bump hills at our local ski area as often as I can. A recent trip and some excellent instruction from our very own Tcarey and Cnewbound revealed a very busy upper body that was throwing me all off balance. I'm working on that now and am really excited to see what the 2007-08 season has in store for my bump technique!

Someday I wanna look like this:
n830505017_219363_949.jpg

I can totally relate to the "very busy upper body". I had to really work on that and not sitting in the back seat. I had myself all psyched out and basically did everything and anything to make the bumps more difficult. The cool thing about the bumps is that all of the technique we work on groomers really does translate over we just have to make a few adjustments. I bet the 07/08 season is great season for you in this area! Good luck!:D

abc

Banned
The cool thing about the bumps is that all of the technique we work on groomers really does translate over we just have to make a few adjustments.

The coolest part of bump skiing is our mistakes are amplyflied in the bumps! Great place to learn (and learn quickly)!!!

I had many times have instructors show me things I could easily duplicate on the groom but quickly forgot. Because on the groomer, it's too easy to recover whatever mistakes we made and soon enough, I got lazy in my form and technique because I can get away with it...

I can't say I'm good at bumps. But I do LOVE them. I enjoy the challenge. I actually like the fact it whip my @ss when I get lazy!;) Bumps force me to be on my balls (literally) and tells me instantly when I slack off.

It also rewards when I do it right: on the rare occasion when I'm doing it right, I feel like I'm dancing on ski!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga