• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

CW-X tights

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello,
I bought some CW-X tights after hearing everyone on here raving about them. Unfortunately its too early to wear them skiing :( But I have been wearing them for cycling and i do think thy are helping with the muscle tiredness :thumbsup: . Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has worn them for cycling and what you do with your padded shorts, under or over the CW-X tights?? I think I prefer them underneath but the tights are pretty snug anyway so there isn't much room, alternatively can anyone recommend some really light padded liner shorts to wear underneath, at the moment I'm wearing some Pearl Izumi Sugar shorts ( cheap off Chailove :becky: ) which are really comfy otherwise.

Thanks

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I had some experience with the tights on the bike, but I hadn't thought of that.

Hope someone has some input on this. If not, then perhaps I can move this to cycling for bike shorts input.

Thanks for the idea tho!

altagirl

Staff member
I'd love to try it but:

1. it's WAY too hot here to wear them for biking.

2. they're so expensive I'd be afraid of falling and damaging them.

But I do wear them for speed skating.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd wear cycling shorts underneath to avoid chafing. Maybe try some tri shorts or a Pearl Izumi liner if the Sugars aren't working.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, I probably won't wear them much for cycling but I've not done any exercise for about 8 weeks due to injury so I thought they would be good for helping me back into exercising. Also I usually go mtbing on a saturday and cycle to work during the week. By the time saturday comes round my legs are sometimes a bit tired and I can be lagging behind my friends. If I have a rest day before the MTBing I feel a lot fresher but I also enjoy cycling to work and without my bike its about 1 hr each way on the bus :( . I thought someone else must be wearing them for cycling but I guess you guys just get too nice weather to wear tights in the summer, you should try Scotland for a change :laugh:

altagirl

Staff member
I guess you guys just get too nice weather to wear tights in the summer, you should try Scotland for a change :laugh:

I'm jealous to be honest! I would LOVE to have an excuse to wear warm clothing in the summer. The heat about kills me...

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah actually I know what you mean. We DO get some really nice days here in the summer but I prefer cycling when its cooler ( by hot I mean 25C which is still probbaly cold for some of you). Yesterday I was out cycling and there was a really fine drizzle which was nice and refreshing, I think it was about 17C which was just about right.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't bike, but I often wear my CW-X tights while skating, running and the like. I've worn them while on the stationary bike, but that wouldn't count, would it :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna