• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Comparing to Lotta's

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A couple weeks ago, I had an opportunity to play with some Lotta Luvs, and I like them, but....

We weren't here at home, so I want to try them here too. Home includes groomers, both hard and soft; cruddy groomers, crusty stuff, plenty of hard pack/icy runs, (I've read reviews of the Lottas that says they're not happy on this stuff -- that's a pretty big concern for me!) a few black runs (would be nice to explore more of these, but my current True Luvs don't inspire confidence on those). We get some fluff, which quickly becomes cruddy fluff, given the busy-ness at Bogus.

I'm looking for a ski that can hold onto the slippery stuff, blast through the piles without tossing me around too much, and generally help me work on improving my skiing -- I'm not so sure the True Luvs are up to the task. They don't seem to like what I'm trying to ski in this winter!

I want to try some "comparable" skis too, along with maybe something I haven't given much thought to. Help me build my list please?

Not exactly a top priority, but those True Luvs are hard to find when I leave them buried in 15" or more of fresh snow!

(This will wind up expensive -- DH says he gets new skis before I do, darn it! BUT, I've gotten him thinking about his skiing this year too -- he's realized his aren't doing what he'd like anymore either. Or is it letting him do what he'd like to? anyhow, he wants new skis now too! That's okay -- mostly I like him, even if he's a pain in the butt to ski with sometimes!)

Kano

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the '07 Lotta Luvs and the Volkl '07 AC3 Attiva and thought the Volkl's were more versatile and handled the changes in conditions better. I think this years equivelant is the Volkl Tierra. The Lotta luvs were also quite a bit heavier, but probably could have handled heavy powder better.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year I bought my Lotta Luvs for bumps, trees, etc. I kept my Volkl's for groomed. I rarely ski the Volkl's any more but my Lotta Luv is my ski of choice now for all conditions.

However, I ski mostly off piste, (blue, black and occasionally double black) with some groomed. Have you tried the Burnin Luv? It's listed as a 50% groomed, 50% off piste. The Lotta Luv is considered 60-40.

Also the Lotta Luv has a softer shovel than the Volkl AC2 which a woman in my class has and we have compared the difference. She doesn't appear as comfortable off piste, not sure if it's her, the skis, her boots or a combination of the 3.

Personally, if I skied mostly groomed I'd probably get the Burnin Luv or a Volkl.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Burnin's like my True Luvs -- very narrow underfoot. I know they're a more "serious" ski -- they'd be an improvement over my True Luvs on those groomers, for sure. I'm finding myself wandering off trail more now, though, and the Lotta seemed happier there than my True Luvs do.

I think I'll include them, though, even if just for the fun of it!

Kano

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just demoed the Lottas in powder/choppy powder/crud condtitions. I'm in Western Washington, so conditions are probably somewhat similar to yours. As reported elsewhere, they were somewhat unstable at high speeds through the crud. They were very confident on the steeps and in moguls, however; it was easy to initiate and link turns, so they should help you there. Handled shallow powder well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga