• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

CNL looking to sell, Boyne will continue to operate SR, Sugarloaf, Loon, Brighton

elemmac

Angel Diva
Sunday River also added the Chondola in 2008 (2009?). And can now run the Spruce lift faster with the new conveyor system. One of the biggest improvements, in my opinion, was cutting a new trail for the park, so it keeps all of the park kids off of Barker and moves them to North Peak.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River also added the Chondola in 2008 (2009?). And can now run the Spruce lift faster with the new conveyor system. One of the biggest improvements, in my opinion, was cutting a new trail for the park, so it keeps all of the park kids off of Barker and moves them to North Peak.

I really like the conveyor on Spruce this season and I'm very pleased with the continued glade expansion throughout.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@MaineSkiLady - I'd like to see a magical transporter to get people from the parking lot to the base area at Sugarloaf, when do you think that's coming?? ;-)
@ZealouslyB
Shuttle loop is changed this year, re: where lodge drop-off is located now. It makes for faster cycling. I’ve heard the radio stuff, and they operate on 180 second intervals, i.e., as soon as one bus leaves base, the next arrives in 3 minutes. (Well, in theory, anyway?) If you arrive early enough to park in C or D, all is quick. Things tend to slow down considerably once in the E lot, due to parking directions.

Seriously - while it is something of a pain, how can you beat being taken directly to your vehicle? Drivers will stop wherever you call it. On super-busy days, they make special runs along the access road.

If you don’t mind booting up at vehicle, PM me for insider info on parking, available only on weekends/holidays (and must have pass, as no place to buy ticket). Secret stuff : ) Should be available through Reggae weekend, lift operator says probably weekend beyond also.

@elemmac, confirming 08-09 season for chondola. Tower placement happened in early Oct 08 (I was there - cool to watch); I believe it was operational right before or after xmas 08.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna