• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Clothing for tall, skinny teens?

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey ladies
Now that we are *almost* certain to get to the snow for the fist time in 2 1/2 years, my son has chosen to go through a growth spurt and outgrow his ski gear.
He's pushing 5'10" and weights less than 100lb - he's 95th percentile height, but 50th in width. So he's too long for kids' sizes but not wide enough for adult - the narrowest waists I've seen stocked locally are 28 inches which he can climb in and out of without having to undo them.
Can anyone put me on to some brands which would cater for this sort of Gumby body shape - or brands that can be cinched in tight, maybe salopettes might be the way to go?

Jenny

Angel Diva
I know what brand have long lengths for women but not for men. Obermeyer and Nils are the ones I remember. Maybe @lisamamot or @pinto can help - they have tall offspring, as I recall.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know what brand have long lengths for women but not for men. Obermeyer and Nils are the ones I remember. Maybe @lisamamot or @pinto can help - they have tall offspring, as I recall.
Hey thanks, TBH I was looking into the possibility of womens' stuff as they seem to come in smaller fits for a given length - he wouldn't care too much.

mustski

Angel Diva
Hey thanks, TBH I was looking into the possibility of womens' stuff as they seem to come in smaller fits for a given length - he wouldn't care too much.
If you buy black pants, no one will know the difference. The jacket can be oversized no problem … it’s still the preferred look of teens.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I say go with bibs/ salopettes. Loose in the waist doesn’t matter then (and allows major layering if needed). Do a search on mens S tall ski pants. I saw a pair of Burton Reserve on Zappos that could be a decent fit. I’ve been happy with my Burton gear.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Try tall womens' ski pants, avoiding the tailored or curvy styles. Obermyer and north face definitely do a long fit, and go down to sizes that will fit around a 24" waist with a 32" inseam. North face also does some pant styles in a men's XS long which is supposedly 27-28" waist with a 33.5" inseam. Also, look for belt loops and velcro adjusters - an elastic belt is great.

I don't know if you have parcel forwarding, but I often order from 6pm or zappos and get it forwarded to NZ for gear that I can't find locally.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Try tall womens' ski pants, avoiding the tailored or curvy styles. Obermyer and north face definitely do a long fit, and go down to sizes that will fit around a 24" waist with a 32" inseam. North face also does some pant styles in a men's XS long which is supposedly 27-28" waist with a 33.5" inseam. Also, look for belt loops and velcro adjusters - an elastic belt is great.

I don't know if you have parcel forwarding, but I often order from 6pm or zappos and get it forwarded to NZ for gear that I can't find locally.
Hey thanks. I checked out of Obermeyer as both you and Jenny have mentioned them, they actually do down to 23 inch waist in men's with up to 33 inch inseams. And the great thing is that those small sizes are the last in stock and they're cheap (ish)!

Cecilydenise

Diva in Training
I have a tough time finding non-ski pant for my son! My thin teen wears bibs. His current pair is womens model and has lasted 2 seasons because the shoulder straps allow for significant length adjustment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga