• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Closing day tragedy

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It has taken me a lot of time to decide if this forum was a place to share the loss of a dear friend, and ski instructor colleague for 23 years, who was in a fatal collision on closing day of our home hill.

Reading his beautiful obituary today, I felt that the Ski Divas might enjoy reading it as he was a rare gem of a man.

Peter Wuerslin Obituary in the Jackson Hole News and Guide

This has been a very difficult blow to our community for so many reasons. He was still teaching the top level expert skiers and always with a smile. He was planning yet another international bike tour with his wife who is also a colleague.

Enjoy every moment outside, alone or with loved ones.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately, I hit a paywall. I'd love to read about your friend and colleague. From the comments, it sounds like he lived an amazing life.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
It has taken me a lot of time to decide if this forum was a place to share the loss of a dear friend, and ski instructor colleague for 23 years, who was in a fatal collision on closing day of our home hill.

Reading his beautiful obituary today, I felt that the Ski Divas might enjoy reading it as he was a rare gem of a man.

Peter Wuerslin Obituary in the Jackson Hole News and Guide

This has been a very difficult blow to our community for so many reasons. He was still teaching the top level expert skiers and always with a smile. He was planning yet another international bike tour with his wife who is also a colleague.

Enjoy every moment outside, alone or with loved ones.
This is incredibly sad news. The community must be in shock. I’m sorry for your loss. Stay strong.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately, I hit a paywall. I'd love to read about your friend and colleague. From the comments, it sounds like he lived an amazing life.
So sorry. There is one for more than one read or two. I wonder if doing a search for peter wuerslin would work? He biked around the world for 6 years.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanx @snoWYmonkey . I did a quick look but all the hits take me back to the same newspaper - or other papers with paywalls. Can't blame them - independent local print papers are hurting badly nationwide (eff Sinclair Broadcast Group).

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
What a life. What an amazing way to view and impact the world.

I’m so sorry for the whole community’s loss.
(And yes, googling the name worked)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga