• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Closest field to LA??? Openning date???

Kiwi Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
Hey all

I'm coming to LA 11 - 20 November and will be missing the end of our season down under (which will be on 16 November and it has been EPIC!). I have just realised that your season must be starting in November :yahoo:, so I'm trying to suss out if a) it's viable to drive somewhere from LA for just one days skiing and b) where to go and c) will it be worth it at the start of the season - good conditions? I've heard of Mammoth and Big Bear, but have no concept of how long it'd take to get there.

Comments/advice?!?

Eliza

Diva in Training
Hi there!

Not sure I'm the right person to be answering this, since I live ~ 1.5 hours north of LA, but I've been to Mammoth and Big Bear a few times. Mammoth says they are opening Nov 13, and Big Bear/Snow Summit says "Late November", whatever that means. Mammoth is about 5 (?) hours from LA, depending on where you are and traffic, and Big Bear is about 2-3 (?) also depending on traffic. Mammoth would be your best bet, but I don't think the snow will be any good that early, unless we get a freak storm. Right now it's 100 degrees where I live, so it's hard to imagine! Keep an eye on the weather, and you may be in luck!

Mammoth is awesome, if you have a chance to get there and the snow is good!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I followed Shellski's photos and trip report. Looks like you've had some good snow down there.
Tell us more!

Kiwi Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
It's been the best season I can remember since about 1995! :yahoo: I'll post some details/pics in the trip report section...

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Mammoth may open as early as next week. Check out www.mammothmountain.com
for details.

You should check out Mammoth while you're here. If you want any specific info, send me a PM and I'll try to answer your questions.

Kiwi Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
YAY!!! I'm dead keen - looks amazing. I'll be checking their snow report and webcams every day now! Only 10 days until I fly out...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga