• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Chaval gloves

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone besides @ski diva and myseIlf have experience with Chaval gloves? My right glove had been a little touchy about charging, and today won't charge at all. :cry: I have Raynaud's and these are the only gloves that have ever kept my hands warm. I did change the cable from one glove to the other and both cables work on the left glove, so it's not the charger.

I sent a message to customer service, which won't get seen until Monday, most likely. :hurt: I don't want to be in pain again! I suppose I should be lucky that it is due to warm up some. Worst case for the short term is mittens and hand heaters. They just aren't warm, by comparison.

Sigh ... first world problems, however!

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I have the old Chaval gloves and the R glove has trouble charging and doesn't hold its charge as well as the left glove. When I talked with customer service (one month out of warranty) the trouble and cost and time to possibly repair them made me decide not to send them in for repair.

Compared to all other gloves I've owned, they are so much better I went ahead and bought the mittens this year, but customer service and the one year warranty are not up to par. It's starting to sound like they fail right after the warranty expires.

Good luck.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I won them on their Facebook page last year, probably in January, based on a post I put up on February 15. Puts me past a year. Oh well, didn't pay for the first pair. I'll see what they say but an order right away sounds necessary. Now to find someone who wants to let me FedEx to them in VT. I only have a PO Box up here!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I received a response from Chaval: Mine ARE under warranty so I can send them back. But ... they are working 4 - 5 weeks out. :eek:

I think I might order another pair while the others get repaired. I can't face cold hands anymore now that I'm spoiled!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
For those that have Chaval, how do they fit and do they give after being broken in? I got the mittens for Christmas and they feel a bit too big. I am right on the edge between the S and M and got the M. They are wide in the hand and a bit long. Before I send them back I was just curious about how your measurements lined up with their chart and the size you ordered.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For those that have Chaval, how do they fit and do they give after being broken in? I got the mittens for Christmas and they feel a bit too big. I am right on the edge between the S and M and got the M. They are wide in the hand and a bit long. Before I send them back I was just curious about how your measurements lined up with their chart and the size you ordered.

I had the same wonder. I also got the mediums. I don’t get the sense they stretch a ton. I do agree that they are really big and clunky looking. I didn’t dare get the smaller ones where I have such crazy arthritic fingers I need room for them to move to keep warm. Wish I had more help for you!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I purchased the Supernova mitten a month ago. The fit is perfect, however I spoke with the rep in Washington to confirm the size I might need. Going by the glove measurement charts has not always worked out so well for me. He suggested the XS as these are unisex sizes. Most of my glove/mitten collection is Small or Medium women's. I have to agree that they look like something out of a Marvel
comic on me! Have not used them yet and am hoping that when I need them that the heat will last most of the day.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

I have the XS, and I just checked my measurements against the size chart. It's pretty spot on for me.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I am in the Small in one measurement and barely into the Medium on the other. I may be better off in the Small but was just trying to gauge before I send anything back! I expect they may continue to give over time and if they do, they Medium will be too large.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this helps, but I've had the mittens for a while now, and they don't seem to change in size over time, even after they're broken in. So that's something you may want to consider.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried my new Supernova mittens yesterday for the first time. Temperature started out in the mid-teens and climbed to mid-thirties after lunch; so not the coldest of conditions. They worked beautifully, are very comfortable, and heat lasted all day. Despite the mitts looking huge when not worn, surprisingly when added to ski jacket ensemble they didn't appear like a threatening feature to young children. If I'd been wearing a white jacket perhaps that perception may have been different!

The inner lining of these mittens is quite thick, which feels great now, but I do wonder about it packing out after a season of use? Especially given the heat factor. Have you noticed that at all @ski diva ? In my experience most gloves do pack out after awhile.

Size could not be better!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The inner lining of these mittens is quite thick, which feels great now, but I do wonder about it packing out after a season of use? Especially given the heat factor. Have you noticed that at all @ski diva ? In my experience most gloves do pack out after awhile.

This is my second season using these mittens, and I have not noticed any significant packing out. They're still warm, even when the battery is turned off.

Glad you like them! I love mine.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I purchased the Supernova mitten a month ago. The fit is perfect, however I spoke with the rep in Washington to confirm the size I might need. Going by the glove measurement charts has not always worked out so well for me. He suggested the XS as these are unisex sizes. Most of my glove/mitten collection is Small or Medium women's. I have to agree that they look like something out of a Marvel
comic on me! Have not used them yet and am hoping that when I need them that the heat will last most of the day.
I just sent my M back for the S - hopefully that works! I usually wear a size 8 in a glove/mitt but these are just way too wide and a bit long. The length would have been fine, but due to the cost they really do need to fit well for me to keep them. If the S doesn't work perhaps this brand just isn't for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna