• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Can I hire an instructor from Ski Diva?

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
I don't know what the rules are here but I was wondering if I could hire one of the Divas for a private for 2 people while we are in Beaver Creek from Dec 19 - 26.

Need an instructor off the clock for a 1/2 day or possibly a full day. Would love closer to the day we arrive and someone who is very familiar with all the trails in Bachelor and Beaver.

Thanks!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not sure if anyone will do this, especially off the clock. I am a USSA licensed coach and would potentially loose my job and license if I were caught. I'm not sure what the policies are of every program out there so this may be difficult although may not be impossible, just not sure.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Flgirl, FWIW, most instructors are bound by contracts through their resort, and most resorts frown on outside instructors giving lessons on their turf without some kind of formal agreement or compensation.

Skiers and instructors have been known to have passes pulled for working outside of contracts and resort ski schools.

It is in your best interest to contact the Ski School at the resort and work with them.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
could someone go through the proper channels and just do a special request?

Certainly! If an instructor is requested at their mountain that can and generally will be set up. In fact, there are many very good instructors who work exclusively by special request through most of the season.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone who belongs to the forum instruct at Beaver Creek? If so, they might be able to help you find someone at the resort who fits your needs or possibly act as an instructor for you. On the clock, of course.

Any BC instructors out there?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, I'm not sure if we have any BC instructors but some of our other Colorado instructors may know people.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
What happened to the "Instructor Roll Call"? I hooked up with a really good instructor at Big Mountain in Montana last year using the roll call.
I went looking for it and couldn't find it.:noidea:

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I teach at Breckenridge. Breck and Beaver Creek are all owned by Vail Resorts. We are able to teach at any Vail Resort owned property. It is not a big deal and all it takes is a call to the ski school and it can be arranged. I would be happy to help FLgirl. If you would like to pm me, please do so and we will make it easy for you.

Nancy

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for your replies. I don't necessarily need an instructor, just a great skier who will take us on some great runs and who knows BC really well. Will pay for their time.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for your replies. I don't necessarily need an instructor, just a great skier who will take us on some great runs and who knows BC really well. Will pay for their time.

Well, then that is a different story..........:smile:

You are just a couple posts away from having access to the DOD area. In that area, there is a Get together/meet on the hill, forum.
In most cases, if you post when you're there and when you want to meet up, someone, and sometimes many, will show up to ski with you and have some fun.

Happy skiing!

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Wow, I'm going to post a couple more then so I can have this access...woohoo!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga