• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

bursitis in ITBand insertion- ski season in jeopardy

deervalleygirl

Diva in Training
I have been plagued by very painful bursitis at the point of IT Band insertion, left side. Its left over from last ski season in which I skied 40+ wonderful days. All summer and fall I continued to train, and work with PT, Chiropractic, Kinesiology, orthopedic, anti-inflammitories, and acupuncture. Sadly, its time to ski and I can't! I can tell now that the injury was caused by something in my skiing, as I make right turns.(current ski -Rossi Bandit B2W 160) In addtion, I have no cartelidge in that knee from on old ski fall. Ive always managed the knee problem by sticking to groomers-thus my love for Deer Valley. I'm
5'4", 120, advanced skiier. I'm looking for advice in treatment, equipment or technique that could get me out there. To think of a season off the mountain is too depressing!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, deervalleygirl, that is too, too sad! :(

Seems like you've really made a valiant effort. I sincerely hope you find the help and relief you need.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would guess that something in your technique is creating torsion on that side or your alignment is off. I have had the best results after 14 years of skiing with Harald Harb and company. Their focus on the kinetic chain and skeletally stacked skiing may be of benefit for you. Also, their alignment analysis is very precise. I suggest you do some investigation. If there is an underlying problem in either of these areas, the problem will just surface again next year if not addressed at the crux.
Best of luck, hope you don't miss the whole season, oh and try some yoga.
lynn

deervalleygirl

Diva in Training
Thanks Lynn..i will follow up with that research. Alignment is going to be the key. i am a long time yoga student..but have had to curtail with this problem. I am feeling better today..so i hope some of my treaments modalities are kicking in..heading for the slopes on Mon..will try some new skiis and boots..

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Respectfully, it may be the yoga that caused the problem. Some of the positions are a bit unatural for the hip. Just a thought.

deervalleygirl

Diva in Training
Lisamarie,
i appreciate your idea. i am sure that it is skiing related, though, because, previously yoga never caused me any problems, and this whole thing with the IT band started at the end of last ski season in which i skiied more days and more intensly,than ever before, using two year old equipment that i could tell was feeling dull and worn out.
But..i an thankful that you shared your idea anyway:smile:

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No Lisamaria, .I bow respectfully to the mistress of physical knowledge.:D
I based my comment on my personal experience of ITB pain relief secondary to starting yoga. Different thing from bursitis.
You are a terrific asset to this site and thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Lynn

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga