• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Building my Quiver

IceCoastPatrol

Diva in Training
Good Day lovely ski ladies!

I have not fully accepted that ski season is now over in the northeast, so to distract myself from my impending depression, I have been looking at ski deals, reviews etc, and am hoping to build my quiver.

A bit about me, I am 5'4", 145lbs and would put myself in the advanced camp, but not quite an expert. I love to ski the trees, but also spend a lot of time on firm pack (ice coast conditions) when the trees are closed (or just become a bobsled track).

My current daily driver is the mindbender 89ti w. Its great in firm condtions, and corn snow. Has a short turn radius so it is definitely manageable in the woods. However, I am looking for something more playful with a bit more float. Kind of an east coast "powder" ski.

My initial thought was to look into the Sheeva 10's, but i dont want to limit myself. I did demo the ripstick 88's and had a ton of fun on those, so perhaps the ripstick 102s would be a good option.

I spend most of my time in the trees. Sometimes steep and tight trees, sometimes wide open and low angle. I intend for this ski to be a fun/playful mid-season tree ski, and would love if it could handle moguls decently.

What are yout thoughts? I know I should probably demo them next season, but if i see a huge 50% off sale I might snag them this summer.

IceCoastPatrol

Diva in Training
Check out Ski Essentials reviews --
Yes i love them! Their reviews helped me narrow to the sheeva 10 and ripstick 102 since i want something playful with a bit more float than my 89ti. I like that it seems like the sheeva 10 can also hold its own on a groomer if need be. But also looking for some first hand experience and if i should be considering some other skis.

IceCoastPatrol

Diva in Training
Good Day lovely ski ladies!

I have not fully accepted that ski season is now over in the northeast, so to distract myself from my impending depression, I have been looking at ski deals, reviews etc, and am hoping to build my quiver.

A bit about me, I am 5'4", 145lbs and would put myself in the advanced camp, but not quite an expert. I love to ski the trees, but also spend a lot of time on firm pack (ice coast conditions) when the trees are closed (or just become a bobsled track).

My current daily driver is the mindbender 89ti w. Its great in firm condtions, and corn snow. Has a short turn radius so it is definitely manageable in the woods. However, I am looking for something more playful with a bit more float. Kind of an east coast "powder" ski.

My initial thought was to look into the Sheeva 10's, but i dont want to limit myself. I did demo the ripstick 88's and had a ton of fun on those, so perhaps the ripstick 102s would be a good option.

I spend most of my time in the trees. Sometimes steep and tight trees, sometimes wide open and low angle. I intend for this ski to be a fun/playful mid-season tree ski, and would love if it could handle moguls decently.

What are yout thoughts? I know I should probably demo them next season, but if i see a huge 50% off sale I might snag them this summer.
Also should add, i like thay the sheeva has a partial twin tip. I dont tgink i want full twin tips, but the partial gives me a lot of versatility. I really like that feature on my mindbenders.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm on the 2024 Sheeva 9s and every time I ski them, I like them more. (And I loved them from the first turn!) They are SO maneuverable. I had mine out today, and instead of a few inches of cream cheese from some fresh snow, it was a scraped off icy MESS that was softening slowly. They certainly have plenty of beef to hold an edge on that kind of crap. I skied them a week ago Sunday in several inches of fresh, fairly light powder and followed instructor friends into some graded tree areas and was giggling the entire time. I have NOT skied this year's Sheeva 10, but have in the past and know that they were quite similar in feel to the 9s, just wider. (I owned both the 9s and 10s in past versions but the length was never quite right for me.)

For a wider tree and bump ski that isn't a noodle, you really can't go wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna