• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Brighton---pre-open day skin fest

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did a little tour of the mountain today on skins------lifts not open, but snow guns going full blast.

Skinned up to the top of Wren Hollow----pretty much almost top of Crest Lift trying out my new Garmont boots with my Fritzches. Observations:

1. Cold---19 degrees at base
2. Skins worked perfectly
3. Mostly boarders on the lower mountain, building kickers and doing jumps.
4. Went with the 30-somethings. The few skiers we saw were young guys. I got kidded (by my son-in-law) about being 'Grandma' but saw no one else my age up there!

5. Garmonts need work. The REI Garage Sale deal will need some fitting before I can hike in these---I have two serous blisters above my heels.
6. Powder shots were fun up top. Around the snowguns---it was deadly icy and low viz and frankly dangerous down low.

All in all......felt so good to be on boards again.

wrenhollow110511.jpg

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice pic! How much snow did Brighton get out of this last storm? I'm in the dark in terms of snow reports...all I know is that Alta's (and everyone else's) guns are blasting day and night.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not sure on the official depth. Forecasted was 1-2 ft. Snow guns working 24/7. We went to an area which is protected and catches lots of natural snow and where we know it is not rocky, as there is no base. Took it slow om the turns down as it was enough cover to hide a log or lone rock here and there.

Unlike our top mtn experience, mid mountain front was sketchy. skiing through the snow guns was not easy...think blizzard blowing frozen particles with machine wind tunnel and nasty frozen snow with ice chunks underneath and no visibility and water lines to dodge.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was good. And also served as a gear clothing readiness test.

It was last minute and i did not have much time to get ready.i could not find my hiking pant shell...so wore my cloud veils (note the snowbird pass from last May).

we earned those turns and first tracks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna