• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bretton Woods, NH

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied this great little mountain on Wednesday, January 26th. I didn't find much steep terrain, but lots of fun glades to ski.

I started the day on West mountain on a trail called the Wild West, which was a very moderately sloped glade trail that had a terrain park inside which was made out of natural substances, such as log rails. I had loads of fun and built up my confidence in the glades.

After lunch, I made my way to the Black Forest glades, which were again, not that steep, but widely spaced trees with great snow. A few runs through Black Forest and I was off to Enchanted Bear, another nicely sloped glade trail, which turned into Minahan's Ridge. Minahan's Ridge got a bit steep at the end as a glade trail (not steep for a regular trail) - but there were no trees on that part, so I could just ski my heart out. At the very bottom, there were some wavy ridges under tree bridges, which were really pretty covered in snow.

The last two runs were on Aggassiz's, which is a blue trail that is not groomed, so it had lots of soft, skier-made bums with sparsely-spaced trees at the end - followed by Glade West, which has the same pitch as Aggassiz's, but is narrower and more densely populated with trees.

All in all, I ended the day on a high note -> and my glade skiing leap-frogged to a whole new level! Thanks Bretton Woods! :D Ski the trees!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I had a similarly awesome day there a few years ago. Bretton Woods has FANTASTIC easier glades. Glad you had a great day!!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
it had lots of soft, skier-made bums

Skier-made "bums" :ROTF::ROTF: ... they pop up EVERYwhere, don't they!

Glad you had a great time. I enjoyed Bretton also -- they worked to maintain great snow when other mountains were struggling ... the glades ... and the simple beauty of the white bark on those trees.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Glad you had fun! Yay! On a bluebird day, some of the most spectacular views in the Whites from BW (except, perhaps, Wildcat).

Skier-made "bums" :ROTF::ROTF: ... they pop up EVERYwhere, don't they!
As opposed to snowboard bums?
HEY!
I know one of those!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna