• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breckenridge Off Slope

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I posted this on Epic, but women are usually more intelligent about these things!;)

I just landed a cool summer job as a tour guide for Breckenridge Historical Society. If you have not visited some of the sites, you really should. The Barney Ford Museum is the home of Barney Ford, a slave who escaped through the Underground Railroad, and eventually opened up a restaurant in Breckenridge.

The Edwin Carter Museum is the home of a "taxidermist with a conscience." He came as a minor, but then discovered the negative effects of mining on the local wildlife. As a result, he taught himself taxidermy so that future generations can see these effects.

One of my job responsibilities is recruiting volunteers for one day historical re-enactments. I don't know the details as of yet, but let me know if you are interested. Performance experience is not required.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome summer job, LM!

I'm a history geek with a museum fetish, if I lived in the area I'd definitely be down. We'll see where my summer travelling takes me, I'll let you know if I stop through.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna