• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breckenridge Instructor Recommendation?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be at Breck for a week coming up. And am hoping to splurge for a private, and wondering if any of you ladies have good recommendations on instructors for a level 7 skiier. Looking at doing off-piste and bump stuff.

TIA!

K.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be at Breck for a week coming up. And am hoping to splurge for a private, and wondering if any of you ladies have good recommendations on instructors for a level 7 skiier. Looking at doing off-piste and bump stuff.

TIA!

K.
Chuck C!
When we were at Breck, we were encouraged to hook up with the him to guide us around when he was done working. Though I did not get instruction from him, I was very impressed with his knowledge of the mountain and his character.
He is friends with Uncle Louie on Epic.
Chuck C can be PM'd on Epic, if you're interested.
I think he works out of the Beaver Run ski school at Breck.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sweet thanks! Is Beaver Run off of Peak 9?

THanks again!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sweet thanks! Is Beaver Run off of Peak 9?

THanks again!
I believe so.
What I know for sure is that I went to the ski school desk at Peak 8 and found out I was in the wrong building. :redface:
FWIW I would say I'm a solid 7, on my way to being an 8, and he was a ton of fun to follow into the chutes and bowls.
I just wish I'd hooked up with him on day one instead of day 4.(legs were a bit like spaghetti)

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, I think I'll try and schedule something the day after our mid-week rest day.

K.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They didn't have Chuck on the schedule, so I just requested a level 3 female instructor. We'll see!

K.

skilouise

Diva in Training
If it's not too late for your trip, I just found/joined the board yesterday...I highly recommend Dave Axelrod (nickname Ax). Have skied with him a few times in the last 5-6 years and he has done wonders for me. I think he works primarily from Peak 9 but can meet you at Peak 8 if that's more convenient for you.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ended up taking a full day with Jan Degerburg (sp) who is based out of Peak 8 but met me at The Village.

She was awesome! Seriously, I had such a great time and felt like I really learned alot. We spent the morning working on bump technique (I still struggle, but I know what I need to work on now) and then the entire afternoon playing in the trees and off the T-bar. (It snowed and she was even cool enough to let me get first tracks!). She helped me work on my technique in the steeps and by the end of the day I was actually seeking out the tree runs and feeling much more in control during my turns as opposed to constantly feeling like I needed to put on the brakes.

She has a website too!

Thanks for your help ladies!

K.

NannyMin

Banned
I ended up taking a full day with Jan Degerburg (sp) who is based out of Peak 8 but met me at The Village.

She was awesome! Seriously, I had such a great time and felt like I really learned alot. We spent the morning working on bump technique (I still struggle, but I know what I need to work on now) and then the entire afternoon playing in the trees and off the T-bar. (It snowed and she was even cool enough to let me get first tracks!). She helped me work on my technique in the steeps and by the end of the day I was actually seeking out the tree runs and feeling much more in control during my turns as opposed to constantly feeling like I needed to put on the brakes.

She has a website too!

Thanks for your help ladies!

K.

Thanks for posting this. I have a friend who is going to Breck in April and wanted a recommendation and I was clueless! Now I can help her out. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga