• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Breckenridge Feb 18-24

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don't usually do trip reports mainly because it takes time and thought to put together a good trip report.
I will say that my trip to Breckenridge was hands down the best trip in many years of skiing. I loved the lay out of Breckenridge and all the high alpine advanced skiing. We stayed on mountain at Peak 8 so access was extremely easy. Also, just about every lift had an "easier" way to get down even if expert areas. An adventurous intermediate could get down some of the runs off the top. The snow was excellent probably due to the summit elevation at almost 13k feet. No ice, no scraped off runs, lots of ungroomed with the lightest snow I've skied in decades. Really! I loved the "high alpine" skiing. We stayed on mountain so were sleeping at 9,700 ft. and some in our group did have issues with altitude. I did not as took the the prescription Diamox before leaving. I do have some great photos but prefer to post on the divas only site (which I may).
I was hoping to reach out to @RachelV but never had the chance. I loved the town of Breckenridge as well and the restaurants were top notch. The last time I was in Breck was in the late 80's so things have changed for sure.

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were in Beaver Creek same week. Snow was light and dry. Love that almost every run has an easy way down. I even skied Raven’s Ridge off of Grouse Mtn when I heard it was groomed.
Adding Breck to my list after reading your TR!

Amie H

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier were all of the peaks open during your visit? My last Breck visit was late Nov 2018 and only peak 7 and 8 were open, but I still had fun. Nice for my non-skiing husband bc he took the gondola right from outside our condo building into town to wander around. We had a great meal there,too.
He occasionally asks to go back bc he enjoyed where we stayed.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier were all of the peaks open during your visit? My last Breck visit was late Nov 2018 and only peak 7 and 8 were open, but I still had fun. Nice for my non-skiing husband bc he took the gondola right from outside our condo building into town to wander around. We had a great meal there,too.
He occasionally asks to go back bc he enjoyed where we stayed.
Breck was 100% open and we skied every peak! We stayed at a condo next to the Snowflake lift! It was beautiful with gorgeous views!

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
As a cautious intermediate, Breck is my favorite resort out west. I mainly stick to Peaks 8 & 9 for the wide mellow groomed blues. The point about always having an easier way down is good. I once got into the wrong lift maze and ended up going up the Rocky Mountain Express instead of the Colorado Express (and didn’t realize until midway up). No worries. I just took the cat track and came down Claimjumper.

Breck usually opens with Peak 8 in November, then 7 and 9 in December, then the rest as conditions allow. Their extended season begins in mid-late April and is usually limited to either Peak 7 or 8.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Favorites were peak 6 kensho chair and peak 10 Imperial! Amazing snow

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna