• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bouncing from turn to turn?

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sometimes if I go fast I will bounce from one turn to another and my skis will not really hit the snow in between the turns. It happens on some of the skis but not my current skis. Have you ever have that happen to you? I have to say it is a blast. I was wondering what is the cause of this?

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not sure I understood "between the turns" corrrectly but you can get the bouncing effect going fast when the tails release with a pop. I think this depends on a ski construction so you get it with some skis but not with others.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not sure I understood "between the turns" corrrectly but you can get the bouncing effect going fast when the tails release with a pop. I think this depends on a ski construction so you get it with some skis but not with others.

Rebound!

I don't demo that many skis, but out in Jackson last month I was on some 2013 Heads with the KERS technology, which is some electrochip thing that is supposed to store energy and then release it at the end of the turn, long story short.

Let's just say, I noticed it. Wow. Those skis were literally throwing me from turn to turn. It was really fun, but a little scary, too. Load up the tail and ZING!

And yes, to Frenchgirl, it's a stiff tail -- just like if you bend a wood branch and then let it go, it snaps back. If you bend a blade of grass, not so much.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did this with the bushwacker 173cm on a blue run and also my atomic Cloud 9. It was so much fun!!!:becky:
You described it just right Pinto throwing me from turn to turn!!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had forgotten how much pop my SL skis had! I've been skiing Auras and Kikus which have a bit, but then switched to my tiny little race stock SLs (22 cm shorter), and WOW!!!! It was awesome. :bounce:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
rebound or POP!

FUN!!

:thumbsup: +1! I love this in a ski (thus my specific brand/model preferences?) and actively look for it when I demo. Some people prefer damp/stuck-to-the-snow feel. Not me! Love lively skis! Glad you enjoyed it too.

madskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i can do that with my B2w Rossignol sometimes when i go pretty fast and get
my turns quick.that is a rebound that i always loved and try to have(i ski aggressively
and dynamicely,so when i have this rebound i cheer with happiness
sometimes when the grooming isnt perfect(in my country,that happens quite often)
i ski in the edge of the 'matress' so i have a lot of fun in this kind of jumping.....:ski2:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga