• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitting - Help!

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been skiing on boots that are too big for the last year and a half. I was trying to wait out the season, but I just can't do it, so I took myself to a bootfitter yesterday.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but I demoed three pairs. The first were too narrow in the toes and made my feet fall asleep. The second had a bit too much room (but I might not have buckled them tight enough). The third pair I really like, but my toes touch the end just a smidge while skiing.

My toes do NOT touch the edge while I'm flexing the boot in the store. Also, on easy groomers back to the lift, they don't touch either. It's really just when I'm going downhill. I'm wondering if I'm in the backseat and that's affecting my bootfit. The fitter basically said just that. He said they are a snug fit, and that if I skied two days a week all season, he knows it wouldn't be a problem. I have to charge hard in these boots. I'm okay with that, because I'm really agressive. I'm just thinking that my previous boots are ruining me.

Fitter made a few adjustments to the boot and offered that I try them again today. He's pretty sure they are the boot for me, but wants me to be sure too. I'm taking a lesson today to have a professional chime in on my technique (which needs work).

I guess I just want the opinions of some Divas. Do I get boots that will make me work a little? I'm worried if I get boots that are a little roomier, I'll need new ones faster. I think these will push me, but what if they don't and I'm stuck with boots that my toes touch? HELP!

Also, if it helps, the boot is the Dalbello Synta 85

geargrrl

Angel Diva
It sounds right to me. It's what is a called a performance fit, instead of a comfy fit. If the boot is fitted correctly otherwise, it should be great.

I am not a bootfitting pro - the usual caveat.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In a properly fitted new boot, your toes should touch the end of the boot. As the liners pack out from use, you'll gain a bit of space so your toes won't touch anymore except when just standing.

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for chiming in ladies! I used the boots today and love them. Worked out a hot spot in the left boot and now they are PERFECT. And they're all mine. My skiing has improved even in just the last few days. Another satisfied customer from a good bootfitter.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good for you! Did you go to Footloose? FWIW, my new boots are also a "performance fit" that my toes touch the end in especially if I get lazy. But it doesn't bother me, at least not yet :D

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Footloose didn't have any boots in my size. I went to kittredge sports and they still had a decent selection. They were really great about working with me. Great experience. Can't wait to ski tomorrow!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like they did a decent job! Good to know there's another option up at Mammoth!

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Honestly I really like the vibe of kittredge better than footloose. It felt more local or family owned. There's a rad dog that walks around the store. I would tell anyone to go there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna