• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Fit question

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, last winter, I got new boots. They're delightfully comfortable, and really have been all along, but...

I got them last year because the old ones just plain didn't fit anymore. Never mind that they were pretty packed out, they were also WAY too big, considering the weight loss. I wasn't done losing weight yet, but also didn't want to be using unsafe gear, so, new boots seemed a necessity. (heck, new everything was necessary!)

THIS winter, another 25# are gone, and while I don't think the boots are in the way too big category, I've got an issue that I need to take to my boot guys. DH is in the break-in phase with a new pair, and I was hoping he'd make the trek into the shop yesterday after skiing, since I told him I really would like to talk with the guys about my issue too. I can't find the adjustment that will let me get the lower cuff snug enough around my ankles AND let me actually close the buckle without assistance. I'm pretty sure DH and I were an *interesting* sight the other day when we were working on this together, cuz it was difficult for HIM to get the right leverage too!

I'm guessing that it will be no earlier than Wednesday (two more ski days) before HE will be going back into the shop with his boots. Boot guy told him to ski five times in them before coming back for any adjustments. (he's finding that he's amazed to discover that the guy likely knows what he's talking about)

If I wait for him, I've got two more days of wobbly ankles. I'm seriously considering getting up early tomorrow and going in before our afternoon/evening ski with the kids.

So. My question is this: what should I be expecting as a solution? (I have about 25 ski days on these boots, four of them since 12/20/08!)

Karen in Boise

skihub

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree with Jillian on trying to adjust the buckle. Also, is there a canting adjustment on them? I just recently adjusted the canting on my boots and they became much more comfortable.

Good luck.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boot dude put c-pads on the ankle bones of my liners. Feels much better AND I can do it myself!

Karen in Boise

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, now, delightful as the ankle area is feeling, I"m having pressure on the top of my left foot -- going to have to go visit my boot guys again. I could deal with it if it weren't that when I quit wearing the boots is when I notice the pressure point most!

On the up side -- no problems with the right boot!

Karen in Boise

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna