• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Dryers for Travel

Flowergirl88

Certified Ski Diva
Any suggestions for boot dryers for trips? We're staying at the Lake Louise Inn and I asked them if they had boot dryers, and unfortunately... NOPE. We'll definitely have to bring our own. We had the Dry Guy last year and I wasn't super impressed with it -

This was the smaller model though... the bigger one is too big to take with us! The bigger model worked great at Alta Ski Lodge ;)

Thanks in advance for your help / recommendations!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
During the pandemic, I used the dry guy travel guy DX version and actually used it for over 100 days and found that it did a very decent job. Then again I was comparing it to our own built in system for over 100 lockers.

Best of luck and have a wonderful trip!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Any suggestions for boot dryers for trips? We're staying at the Lake Louise Inn and I asked them if they had boot dryers, and unfortunately... NOPE. We'll definitely have to bring our own. We had the Dry Guy last year and I wasn't super impressed with it -
I've used the Dry Guy portable ones for 3 seasons now, and found them to be very satisfactory. There does seem to be more than one model of them though -- with and without a built-in fan. The ones with the fan work much better. I'm not sure how to tell them apart except for very careful reading of the description.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For one pair of boots, having boot dryers without a fan works fine. For a family with 2+ pairs of boots, definitely need a boot dryer with a fan.

I have an old version of the Thermic boot/glove dryer. I like the fact that I can use it to dry gloves as well as boots. There are a few different versions out there. An older version can be found on sale as far as I can tell. I got mine 15 years ago off eBay.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
For one pair of boots, having boot dryers without a fan works fine. For a family with 2+ pairs of boots, definitely need a boot dryer with a fan.
I disagree; I've seen the Dry Guys without fans, and they definitely don't work as well -- the don't really get the air down into the front of the boot. I would avoid those.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I disagree; I've seen the Dry Guys without fans, and they definitely don't work as well -- the don't really get the air down into the front of the boot. I would avoid those.
I've been using the Dry Guy "sticks" without a fan for quite a while. One trip I forgot to bring a boot dryer and bought the cheaper and smaller option. Bill bought the sticks with a small fan at the end. I'm thinking about the version where the stick goes IN the boot. I know there are people who worry about their custom footbeds but I'm not worried based on experience.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I've been using the Dry Guy "sticks" without a fan for quite a while. One trip I forgot to bring a boot dryer and bought the cheaper and smaller option. Bill bought the sticks with a small fan at the end. I'm thinking about the version where the stick goes IN the boot. I know there are people who worry about their custom footbeds but I'm not worried based on experience.

Yep, that's the one I use, and it does have a little fan -- note it says "forced air" in the description. They are fine for custom footbeds -- have never had an issue with mine.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Never saw these -- they're very cute, but I wonder how effectively they would dry ski boots. Would be interested to hear from anyone who's used them.

Flowergirl88

Certified Ski Diva
WOAH! Just got back from a holiday tree lighting/downtown festival in our little town and... all these awesome responses! You ladies are the BEST!!! I'm about to check online for the Travel Boot Dryer and the Thermic models. Not sure about the fruity feet, not sure I want to take a risk with six year olds + wet boots on the mountain ;)

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
WOAH! Just got back from a holiday tree lighting/downtown festival in our little town and... all these awesome responses! You ladies are the BEST!!! I'm about to check online for the Travel Boot Dryer and the Thermic models. Not sure about the fruity feet, not sure I want to take a risk with six year olds + wet boots on the mountain ;)
See? All you have to do is get us started on some interesting topic, and you'll get more info than you know what to do with -- and welcome! :wave:

Jilly

Staff member
I use these.....all the time. But I'm that person that takes the liner out EVERY night.20221128_221627.jpg

Flowergirl88

Certified Ski Diva
Hahahaa! I have to thank @marzNC for introducing me to this group. I would have continued to be completely clueless! Or just bombarding her nonstop with alllllllll my questions without a break! I did see CRAZY $200 RT tix to Alberqurque today for Jan and Feb dates. I'm out of vacation days for the one week ski clinic, but I would love to head out to Taos for just a few days by myself! Unfortunately, I don't think I've posted enough to be able to access the group(s) that discusses the Tao trips this season!!! Booooooo!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I think @marzNC and I have the same thing. No fans, just warm gentle heat
Do you put them in the liners, outside of the boots? I usually leave my liners in for the days I'm skiing, and take them out when I get home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna