• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Blizzard Sheeva 9 - length advice HELP!

jessicabelle3329

Diva in Training
Hey team! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I’m about to hit the ‘buy’ button on a pair of 2025 Blizzard Sheeva 9s and need some help deciding on length…

I demoed the 2024 model in the 156cm at Fernie for about 4 days, 2 weeks ago and loved them.

I tried to test the 162cm to compare but they were booked out.

Stats - 168cm (5’6”) and about 60-62kg (132-136 pounds).

I’m a low to mid intermediate (level 4) who got confident on the harder blue runs at Fernie (Bear etc) and was about to start trying groomed blacks before I took a bad fall and had to sit out for a few days.

I can be cautious and like a shorter ski I can turn quickly and easily and build a lot of confidence on, but I also want something I can grow into and progress on. Once I’m feeling good, I do like a bit of speed on the less steep terrain.

I ski Australia, Japan and Canada and need something pretty versatile. Mostly groomers, but started getting into some trees and untracked powder in Canada.

Do you think sizing up to the 162cm will make much of a difference and in a good or bad way? Is it just stability at speed that will change? Do you think the increase in turn radius will be super noticeable? Help!

Reactions: AJM

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I’d size you up to the 168 because they ski very short (I own them in a 168.) I’m shorter than you and weigh about the same. So, at the very least you’ll want the 162.

Perfect ski to start getting into trees and powder. They are fun!

jessicabelle3329

Diva in Training
Well, I’d size you up to the 168 because they ski very short (I own them in a 168.) I’m shorter than you and weigh about the same. So, at the very least you’ll want the 162.

Thank you!

Ahhh perfect - thank you, thank you! Really helpful to get that comparison from someone who owns them. I feel more confident about the 162cm now :smile:. So excited to finally have my own set of skis!

jessicabelle3329

Diva in Training
I agree with @contesstant, the 162 at least, I'm 165cm, around 55 - 57kg and have the 164s in the previous model. They ski super short and are a ton of fun !
Yes!!! Thank you! Sounding like the 162 is the go. They were one of the only rentals I’ve tried that I’ve loved instantly, so I just knew I wanted them as my first set of owned skis. So excited to get back out there with them when the Aussie season kicks off.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes!!! Thank you! Sounding like the 162 is the go. They were one of the only rentals I’ve tried that I’ve loved instantly, so I just knew I wanted them as my first set of owned skis. So excited to get back out there with them when the Aussie season kicks off.
You'll love them !!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied the latest available Sheeva 9 in 162 at Mt Bachelor 2 weeks ago. I'm 5'2 and a bit and they didn't feel too long to me - very easy to turn! I'd say size up to the 162 too.

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just adding to the crowd...I'm pretty close to your height, weight, and level! I could only demo the 156 and it was too short. I'd definitely get at least the 162 if not the 168 myself. If you don't want to go terribly fast, 162 should be fine.

jessicabelle3329

Diva in Training
Just adding to the crowd...I'm pretty close to your height, weight, and level! I could only demo the 156 and it was too short. I'd definitely get at least the 162 if not the 168 myself. If you don't want to go terribly fast, 162 should be fine.
Thank you! That’s really helpful I’ve gone ahead and pre-ordered the 162s based on everyone’s lovely advice. Now just have to be patient for their arrival in May/June!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga