• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Black Pearl 159 v 166 length

Wolfheather

Diva in Training
I am currently skiing on 2010 K2 lotta luvs that are 156 length. I am 5'2" and 138 lbs. I am advanced skier and mostly ski in the northwest and Colorado. Is the 159 the right length for me in the black pearls or should I go longer?
thanks

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am currently skiing on 2010 K2 lotta luvs that are 156 length. I am 5'2" and 138 lbs. I am advanced skier and mostly ski in the northwest and Colorado. Is the 159 the right length for me in the black pearls or should I go longer?
thanks

I think so. @SkiNurse (almost your height) had some 166s, and they ended up a little long unless she was on really open terrain.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also think you would be fine. I have 159cm I am 5'5" I love them in bumps, soft snow..

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm 5'5", 116, and I have the 166s and they are too long. I do seem to be in the minority here--it seems like most people have a longer length and find they ski short. I don't. Actually it's okay when there is lots of soft snow but on groomers or when it hasn't snowed I have a hard time engaging the tips. I later demoed the 159s on groomers and had no issue engaging the tips. Is there no way to demo? Btw I also went from 2010 Lottas to BPs!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'4" 110-112 lbs and I have the Black Pearls in 159. Most of the time that length seems fine to me. I mostly like them in spring snow and bumps. I've also skied the 166 which also seemed okay.

Wolfheather

Diva in Training
Thanks everyone, the 159s aren't available to demo right now, but the 166s are so I will try those and see how they feel before committing to the 159s.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'4" here, about 140 lbs, and I have the 159s, and they are definitely the right length for me.

tesdavis

Diva in Training
Try the 166 but don't be afraid to go shorter. Personally, I like a shorter ski, although I also like a heavier ski than the BPs

skibetty

Certified Ski Diva
I'm 5'6" around 150 and ski 166. I tried the 159's and felt they were too short for me. You have to go with what feels good for you!

Brooklynn

Diva in Training
Hey there! If you are a forward aggressive skier you would want the ski to drive and have a bit more length to it! I would go for the taller length unless you plan on staying on groomers : )

Wolfheather

Diva in Training
Thanks everyone, I tried out the 166 in powder conditions on Friday and they worked well, but today on the hardpack they felt a little long especially in the bumps. I was able to try the 159 in the afternoon and they felt better on the hardpack and bumps so I think I am going to go with the 159s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna