• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big Mountain? ( Montana)

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Anyone have any lodging recommendations? There will be me, DH, and our two grown sons. I have a preference for condo/apt style lodging close to the hill.

How is the shuttle service? Anything I need to think hard about? We are looking at mid march of this upcoming spring.

Thanks gals...

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
We have stayed at the Kandahar on Big Mountain quite a few times and have always had a great stay. https://www.kandaharlodge.com/
It is ski in/ski out. Our rooms have had a full size stove, dorm size fridge and a table that seats 4. The restaurant is on the expensive side and can be quite pretentious, but the food is excellent.

If you contact them, ask for Jim, the manager, and tell him Mary & Otis suggested you contact him.

There are a couple of divas that live in Whitefish, so I am sure they can chime in with more suggestions.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Also, shuttle bus from the town to the mountain is really convenient.

AnnKH

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been to Whitefish 3 times, and we're going back in less than 7 weeks - whoo hoo!! We're taking the train from the east (north dakota), which is really convenient. There is a shuttle that takes you right from the train station to the mountain village for $26 per person (round trip). There is also a shuttle from the Kalispell airport.

I've stayed at Kandahar twice, and it is very nice - but expensive.

Last year we stayed at Anapurna, which was not ski in-ski out, but the village shuttle stops right outside the door on a frequent basis (every 10-15 minutes?). After the first day, the driver remembered where we lived, which I thought was cool. The shuttle does NOT go past every condo property, however, and the route isn't available on-line (I don't think). Many of the properties on the web site will say "walk/shuttle" in or out, but in some cases there is more walking than others.

This year we're staying at Sherpa, right next door to Anapurna. It is the only property in the village that has a pool, but many of the other condos have access to the Sherpa pool.

What I found in researching condos was that price went up sigificantly for ski in-ski out access, and for places right next to the runs. Price also went up quickly for more bathrooms. I feel that the web site does a terrific job making condo selection fairly easy, and the folks I have talked to at Central Reservations have all been extremely friendly and helpful. Be sure to ask about discounts on lift tickets, rentals and lessons if you buy them in advance.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The SNOW Bus route is available on line (I notice that link is still last year's). The resort bus route I think is as well, but I haven't found it. Here is the lodging map, maybe you can figure out the shuttle run. I think it goes from the main lodge, up through Moose Run if I recall correctly, and does the roundabout at that thing that looks like a keyhole above the word "Lane" in "Winter Lane". After that, I'm not positive, but I think it heads down past Anapurna on Big Mountain Road to the intersection not shown on the map which would take it back to the base lodge. I don't know of any zigzagging through the parking lots as I always park down close to the base lodge myself and just walk it. I don't use the shuttle -- maybe twice in six seasons......

I have a friend who comes every year and stays at the Edelweiss. I think it's pretty basic, but right in the heart of things. He always gets the same unit (PM me if you want the number). He is already booked this year from Feb. until 3/13, so you couldn't get that unit if you were arriving before that. It is just him and his wife and they stay for several weeks.

I've never been in any of the condos there. Before we moved here, we always stayed at the Hidden Moose rather than slopeside. I never wanted to pay those kind of rates and I like B&B's. Good Medicine Lodge is highly recommended as well. Both are along the SNOW bus route.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
thanks. There's going to be 4 of us. DH, and my two adult sons, so the B/B is not really what we want to do at all.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You may want to PM Elangirl as well, I am pretty sure she works as an instructor at Big Mountain.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga