• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Having an actual advanced black/double black regular group lesson available at Winter Park is great in my book! More places should have that opportunity, and very cool that one might end up with a very small group or private lesson that way.
I've found that even within the same region, there is a variety of approaches when it comes to lessons. Pays to remember that working on improving fundamental skills doesn't require a large resort or even the best snow.

A smaller ski area/resort can have a good ski school with enough very experienced instructors for semi-private lessons. A couple of the most experienced instructors I've worked with out west are at Bridger and Wolf Creek, both independent ski areas with over 1500 acres of skiable terrain and plenty of powder. However, neither has slopeside lodging. It's been worth figuring out how to get back with friends who are willing to split a lesson or two.

At my home hill, there was a special multi-week lesson program put together by one of the locals who was good friends with one of the L3 instructors who only taught 2 days a week, Thursdays and Sundays. The ski school at an independent resort can probably be more flexible than a destination resort.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had good experiences with all women's clinics and mixed. I've found wonderful support with the ladies clnics and while everyone is nice in the mixed clinic, it's not the same vibe as all ladies in my experience.

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
Taos!!
Im planning on another women’s ski week for 2025.
this year I will break 20+ days, and because of Taos ski weeks/private lessons my skills have really improved (+ canting my boots)
Hi, Is Taos Women's week the last week of Feb. definitely? Are you staying on the mountain or down in Taos?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Is Taos Women's week the last week of Feb. definitely?
The past few seasons, the Women's Ski Week at Taos has been the last week of February. TSV typically doesn't announce plans for the ski season until late summer. The ski school staff go back to work full-time in September after Labor Day.

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
The past few seasons, the Women's Ski Week at Taos has been the last week of February. TSV typically doesn't announce plans for the ski season until late summer. The ski school staff go back to work full-time in September after Labor Day.
So, maybe pencil in last week of February...

ceestan

Certified Ski Diva
I did a Rippin Chix clinic this year (specifically their Intro to Backcountry clinic at Apex Mountain Resort in interior BC) and really enjoyed myself. They taught a lot of valuable tactics for skiing steeps and off piste, and can definitely look back now and say it dialed up my skiing, especially in terms of skiing weird snow/tricky terrain and better line choices. It's more freeride oriented though. I'm planning to do another one next year.

I'm also interested in this outfit for next season (Girls With Grit), with camps at White Pass (WA), Alpental (WA) and Schweitzer (ID).

I really love women's specific clinics! I think they're more supportive and less competitive. I think women tend to approach skiing (and risky sports in general) differently than men do, and I happen to prefer that approach. I probably ski the most with my husband, which is often just me trying to keep up with him, for better or worse. I like that a women's clinic enables me to break down the terrain, my technique, and be really thoughtful about my skiing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga