• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

AluraBrava

Diva in Training
I am looking to plan ahead for 24/25 season and am looking at all options for ski clinic options in North America. I have both EPIC and IKON. Places I've seen listings so far but NO DATES yet which is frustrating as they all fill up almost immediately - so I'd love any intel: PALISADES, MAMMOTH, BIG SKY, WHISTLER - where else? Thank you ; )

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are usually 2 in Jackson Hole. One in January and another in March. Intermediate through expert abilities.

MissySki

Angel Diva
You could do a ski week at Taos, they are FABULOUS!! Taos (and Jackson Hole for the above) are on the Base Plus or Full Ikon.. just to check that you don't have just the base pass Ikon which doesn't include these locations.

Jilly

Staff member
I've done the one at WB 2x! The first time was with a bunch of Diva's. It's a 2 day camp. They won't post dates until they figure out the instructor quota for the season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am looking to plan ahead for 24/25 season and am looking at all options for ski clinic options in North America. I have both EPIC and IKON. Places I've seen listings so far but NO DATES yet which is frustrating as they all fill up almost immediately - so I'd love any intel: PALISADES, MAMMOTH, BIG SKY, WHISTLER - where else? Thank you ; )
Welcome!

A big advantage for Taos Ski Weeks is that they are offered every week of the season. There is one week that has the option of a Women's Ski Week. That's been the last week of February for a few seasons. Taos has enough experienced instructors that advanced reservations are recommended but not required.

Most of the info in this thread should still apply:

There will be Divas in Taos in February 2025.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually do the WB womens' camp at least once each year & have really enjoyed them (plus learned a lot). They are typically offered at least 6 times per season - this was the schedule this past year:

December 9th - 10th, 2023
January 13th - 14th, 2024
January 27th - 28th, 2024
February 10th - 11th, 2024
February 24th - 25th, 2024
March 9th - 10th, 2024
March 30th - 31st, 2024

(If you're open to general ski camps and not women-specific ones, I've been curious about the Yes! improvement camps at Whistler, which look like great value - C$900 for 5 days of instruction, although day 1 is guiding/sorting.)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Any suggestions for the East Coast?

Sugarbush's Women's Discovery Camp is good. It's for two days, twice a season. I don't know when they'll be holding it next year, but here's a link to this year's page.

Killington has a good Women's Camp, too, and their's features Olympian Donna Weinbrecht. You can find more info about that here.

And Okemo has its Women's Alpine Adventures. Go here for info from this past season.

I've done all three, and I'd rate them in the order I've posted above. That said, they're all good.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Taos is super. I wish Steamboat still did their women's clinics, but alas . . .

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Killington has a womens clinic on thursdays. It's not the donna weinbrecht one. It's several thursdays over the course of the winter. On a much smaller scale Butternut in Great Barrington Mass has a 7 week one that starts in January.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@AluraBrava do you have a home hill, or do you have to travel to ski? Or do you have specific goals/ terrain you want to work on? Knowing what you are hoping to get out of a clinic will help steer the conversation. Also, does altitude matter? Taos has a great women's week clinic for just about everything but beginner, but it is at a higher altitude. I've done a 3 day clinic at Snowbird and had a blast. If budget is no issue, I've heard that the women's camp at Alta Lodge gets a lot of repeat participants. That one includes lodging and meals. And as others have mentioned many hills have seasonal programs for women. I've done the Wachusett one a few times and always enjoy it, and two years ago I was in CO for a bit and did one at Eldora.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sugarbush's Women's Discovery Camp is good. It's for two days, twice a season. I don't know when they'll be holding it next year, but here's a link to this year's page.

Killington has a good Women's Camp, too, and their's features Olympian Donna Weinbrecht. You can find more info about that here.

And Okemo has its Women's Alpine Adventures. Go here for info from this past season.

I've done all three, and I'd rate them in the order I've posted above. That said, they're all good.
Thanks for listing these... I remembered hearing the Sugarbush camp was good but forgot about it until this thread.

I really liked when I was doing the weekly women's lesson at Smuggs but I haven't wanted to commit to all six sessions for the past 2 seasons. They do often let people drop in on 1 session if you ask (I did last year). But thinking about doing the SB camp next year!

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
Out of curiosity, is there much difference between taking a camp or clinic strictly for women vs. men and women? I took the regular Taos week and then had a 3 hour lesson in Alta. I think the lesson in Alta really clicked with me. I haven't tried a women's clinic only though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna