• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best closing day outfits

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not that I'm wishing closing day on any of us, but the reality is closing day is coming up for some mountains in about one month.

Well...with only one month to plan, what's the favorite closing day outfit you ever skied in, or, for that matter, ever saw?

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My DH is quite the character and comes from a family of them. My FIL recently purchased a professional grade chicken costume and often wears it around his apartment complex and waves to people. If you live in New Orleans the crazy man in the chicken suit is my FIL! DH is trying to convince FIL to borrow said chicken suit to wear snowboarding! Maybe that would make a great closing day outfit!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, not closing day, but my last day of skiing last year was Parrothead weekend at Sunday River...it was still fairly chilly, but we decked ourselves out in full length grass skirts (made them from a giant grass table skirt), and decorated our goggles with tropical themed bandanas. Needless to say, there were some much more interesting outfits out and about that weekend as well!

Queen of Crud

Diva in Training
Call me old fashioned...but I like to go "retro". You know, stretch, in the boot pants, ski sweater, head band....just stop the retro image at the boots!

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not on a closing day but when I was at Alpine Valley, MI a few weeks ago I saw a snowboarder that had a full fireman outfit on, with the mask and all.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
That's me, on the far right. I love my one-piece fabulousness!!!
n711391869_395008_989.jpg

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
This was Aspen Highlands...a legendary closing event always!

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hahahaha .... at Alta, on closing day, we have what is called the "Highboy" Party (always around 4/20 and it's on top of High Rustler ... hence the "high."). Anyway, everyone dresses up for the foolishness and fun. Last year my friend and I went as bling ... me in the gold onesie, her in the silver onesie:
Skiing07-08140.jpg

And here's a taste of what the sea of Highboy attendees looks like:

Skiing07-08147.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna