• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Back then ~ getting girls skiing

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks SnowHot, I enjoyed it.

I saw a movie called "Forward Motion: the Making of a Competitive Skier," which I really enjoyed. It's about 4 kids who are in snow sports development programs that they have in Steamboat Springs. I actually purchased the video (becuase I really am a ski lunatic!). Anyway, I think it's really well made if you have the chance to see it. Attached is a link to skinet.com where you can see a trailer.

https://www.skinet.com/skinet/videos/article/0,26958,1568787,00.html

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool, SnowHot. Love to see those girls rip on those old straight skis!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the first clip, and the other film seems like it would be great and inspiration for kids (big and little)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad you all have seen what I did in that short movie clip.

It actually made me think of how or why most of us started to ski.

(I started skiing because my boyfriend/now husband, skied and I didn't want to be his lame girlfriend who wouldn't even try it.)

This clip also made me wonder where these women are now, and more than that, can I be an inspiration for young women to get into the sport.

Ski spirit, thanks for the link.
icon14.gif

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also got into skiing because of my boyfriend/husband; had tried it once many years before and hated it; but having tried it again for his benefit I found I loved it (more than he ever would have imagined). Having gotten off to a late start, I find the movie clips inspirational to me. Some of those women are probably still skiing if they're able to. I know an 80 year old who's still going strong. I hope to be one of those women when I'm 65 (80 might be hoping for too much).

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know an 80 year old who's still going strong. I hope to be one of those women when I'm 65 (80 might be hoping for too much).

Me too.. plus at that point the season passes are deeply discounted. I need to make it, if not just for the free lift tickets. :p

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know an 80 year old who's still going strong. I hope to be one of those women when I'm 65 (80 might be hoping for too much).
We have a ski diva who is 64(lilgeorg), and I'm betting she's skiing well into her 80's. In fact I don't think any one will be able to stop her or her husband.
Once you find a passion for something like skiing, it lives in you like a its got its own force. Feel it!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga