• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Away from skiing for 3 years + last minute trip to Park City and its $400 for 2 day lift?! Any suggestions for local passes or alternatives?

Yamaste

Certified Ski Diva
Hey all!

I haven't skied since March 2020 when I did a ski week at Taos and met up w/ some Divas there. Pregnancy + having a baby has kept us away from the slopes for a few years so we didn't buy an Epic or Ikon pass like in past years. We're taking a last minute trip to SLC staying in Canyons for a couple days (1/11-1/14, probs ski 11/12 and 11/13) and as a non passholder I have major stick shock! I just wanted to chill and ski for a day or two my DH watches baby or at hotel.

Since epic day passes are no longer for sale, are buying at the window for $400+ for 2 days my only option?! Any one have any tips to buy passes at a more palatable price?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was planning to meet a non-skiing friend at Park City late season. When I checked advanced lift ticket prices for a non holiday Monday, the price was $243. No bueno. I’m disappointed I couldn’t find any other economical options. Good luck.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From everything I see, there are no discounted tickets available for Park City. There are a few other hills you can get discounts for at local ski shops, and for $150 a day starting with 3 days there's the Salt Lake Super Pass, but still not good for Park City.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's PC. No discounts. If u find someone who is willing 2 part with Vail buddy pass its a 50% discount at PC. I have ikon F&F for deer Valley. Its a 25% discount. Better lodges+ grooming. We only get 10 so I just ask that u don't waste it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sorry, the least expensive lift tickets in the SLC/Ogden area are probably the night ticket at Brighton, tickets at Nordic Valley, and perhaps Powder Mountain. Park City is not a good destination without some sort of Epic or Ikon pass. Such places exist in Utah and Colorado, but most people don't have them on their radar.

The days when bargains could break found near the SLC airport are long gone.

noprobllama

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry, the least expensive lift tickets in the SLC/Ogden area are probably the night ticket at Brighton, tickets at Nordic Valley, and perhaps Powder Mountain. Park City is not a good destination without some sort of Epic or Ikon pass. Such places exist in Utah and Colorado, but most people don't have them on their radar.

The days when bargains could break found near the SLC airport are long gone.
I second marzNC's comment- if you're skiing Park City you better be on the Epic pass or get buddy passes from other Epic/Ikon holders. Not sure if you're an REI member but last time I checked they had discount lift tickets at select ski resorts (I think Brighton was one of them - not sure how discounted though but it's an option.

Skiing feels like it's just going to get more expensive I feel...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna