• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Attiva Fuego - 154 or 161 for me?

mafebarros

Diva in Training
Diva,

I am in doubt here. I am a level 9 skier in groomers and probably 1-2 below in powder and bumps. I measure 5,1 feet and weight around 125-130 pounds...

Should I get a 154 or a 161? I like to speed but I am also concerned that the 161 might be too long and harder to turn (especially if I want to get better on bumps...). On the other hand, I am really annoyed when I feel that a (shorter) ski is imposing me a speed limit....

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Mafe

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm I'm going to lean towards the 154 because of your height. You might not have the leverage to get everything out of the 161 even though you have the skill. I don't think it will hold you back speed wise, it's a pretty stiff ski. It's really hard to say for sure without a demo. FWIW I'm the same weight and ski a 154 Fuego.

-veggielasagna

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
154 should be fine for you. If I were to buy the Fuego, I'd go with the 161, but I outweigh you by 60+ lbs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga