• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Are Hotronic batteries interchangeable? Lost one

blueskysunnyday

Angel Diva
Hi, Divas. While in Jackson Hole, my son had an accident and ended up being taken down the mountain by ski patrol and then to the ER. HE IS FINE! In the confusion and frantic activity, one of my Hotronic boot warmer batteries fell off my boot and was lost (along with his new snowboard and goggles …D’oh!). It seems this particular battery is not sold anymore. Does anyone know if I can just purchase a newer one that looks like the same shape and expect it to work? Are there different “lines” I need to be aware of? Thanks for any info!

Jilly

Staff member
Probably not. I had a similar issue with Thermic and ended up with not only new batteries, but new elements.

You could take the other battery or your boot with the cable to a Hotronic dealer and see what they can do.

Also make friends with the liftee's. They find them all the time.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The basic models have the s4 battery that is not linkable to a phone. There are newer batteries that work woth socks and boot heaters that are phone controllable. If you still.have the one battery it will be easy to just look at it to get a replacement. They look different. Check ebay for singles.

I assume you left you info with guest services at the lost and found? There were a few boards there when I dropped some poles off last week.

So glad your son is OK!

blueskysunnyday

Angel Diva
Yes, I did call about the board and goggles. They have not shown up but the board went absolutely flying into the trees and then you got a huge dump in the next couple of days so it may be spring before it is found (if it is found)!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I did call about the board and goggles. They have not shown up but the board went absolutely flying into the trees and then you got a huge dump in the next couple of days so it may be spring before it is found (if it is found)!
Oh no! I am so sorry.

Sparky

Angel Diva
That must’ve been quite a scare but so glad your son is ok! The batteries should be compatible. Not sure how old your batteries are but I inherited DH’s S3s many years ago now (7-8??) while he upgraded to the S4s. The elements and charger are the same, and I have used his S4s a couple of times. He has also since replaced one of his batteries so one is gray and the other is an old white one and they work fine.

The capacity on my S3s had been deteriorating in recent years and I finally replaced them this season with the newer lighter lithium batteries with Bluetooth and I love them!!!

Sparky

Angel Diva
Sorry meant to note that the new lithium batteries are not compatible with the old plugs and all so I did need to change out the elements. While new set! So if yours are old and thinking about upgrading, do it! I got a good deal while in Canada but last I saw they were also on sale at REI for around $315 (reg 449).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna