• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Arc'teryx Sidewinder pants

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I sprung for a new pair of ski pants because my NF ones were getting snug. I bought a pair of the Arc'teryx sidewinder pants and put them on tonight (PURE luck that they fit having ordered them online without trying them on! I just knew I could return otherwise because I bought from backcountry.com) Anyways....they are the BEST pair of pants I've ever had on! COMFY???? WOw. I want to sleep in them. I can't wait to take them to the hill on Saturday. They're a keeper :smile: Anyone else have a pair?:yahoo:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the minute man which has the same zippers on the sides as the sidewinder. The pants are very comfortable, but my side zippers come down on their own when I am skiing. I am curious as to whether or not other peoples do or if I just got lemon. Let me know whether or not yours do.

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of minute man pants and my zippers don't come down but I usually wear North Face (they have pants for shorter people) which I have to say I like better than the minute man pants. I think my NF freedom pants are very comfortable, have more pockets, are slightly warmer than the Arcteryx pants (both shells).

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of Arcteryx pants, not sure which one, but they do have the zippers on the side. Very comfortable and the zippers have never come down for me.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a couple of Arc'teryx pants (Stingray goretex softshell and the Theta SK bibs)

Truly the most comfortable, best fitting, well made pants I have ever own. I have not had any problems with the zippers or the snaps. I've had those problems with my North Face pants...espcially the snaps!

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tell me more about those pants. What do you layer under them?
I hate my ski pants and I'm looking to upgrade.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stingrays: Layers are either one light weight wool or onemed weight wool. OR (depending on cold/wind) two light weights or a light weight AND med weight! Even if I put on two layers, they never look or feel bulky. And there is no movement restriction.

Thetas: Same thing for layering, but I bought these for those cold powder days. Under these I can layer a heavy weight wool along with a light weight without bulkiness or movement restriction.

Unfrutonately, bought the Stingrays one week before I discovered Steep & Cheap...and I bought them in Aspen while on a girls trip during the fall after having too many bloody marys. Yep, paid full price. :Cry: This is my second season weariing them and they are worth every penny!

The Thetas I did buy on SAC. The reviews did say to buy a size up.Which I did, and I'm very happy with them.

The problem with both of these pants, are the lack of pockets. The Stingrays have two "slit" pockets at the waist. The Thetas have a small breast pocket. So, I make sure that I wear a jacket with enough pockets when I'm wearing these pants.

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't see the zippers coming down on mine, but i'll let you know after Saturday! My North Face ones were coming apart all the time! Snaps and zippers. I had an incident last weekend when I fell and I made it all the way down to the chair, however, when I got off the chair, noticed my pants were completely undone!!! OMG, I was so embarassed, the ppl I was with said they didn't notice, but still! That's when I decided it was time for new pants :smile:

I bought a size L, and my North Face ones are M. They are a lot roomier for sure than the NF ones, but I think they're goign to be just perfect because I wanted more freedom to move.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga