• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone ski Winterpark yet this season

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a quickie trip planned soon to WP and wanted to know if anyone has been there yet this season. From the website not much is open, I'm wondering if I should cut my losses.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, Colorado snow is defnitely off to a slow start...but it was last year at this time too. Remember, once it started snowing, it didn't stop.

Farmer's Almanac says we'll have MORE this year (from people I know that read it like the Bible), but who know when it will start!

When I was up at Copper last Wednesday, rode on a chair with some people from Steamboat that originally had planned to go to WP...but they talked to friends who work there that told them to go to Copper instead, WP wasn't worth it yet.

But, that was last week...and you won't be here for another week! It all could change.

Check out www.snowforecast.com and that give some type of predictions (key word) on the possible snow fall and temps.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, well a lot will depend on how much snow we get out of the storm coming this week. Nothing has much around here right now but that could totally change over the next week and a half. How much money would you really be out if you changed dates?

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH works with a guy who patrols at WP. I asked him to get whatever info he could. I'll post it once I here back from the hubby.

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, well a lot will depend on how much snow we get out of the storm coming this week. Nothing has much around here right now but that could totally change over the next week and a half. How much money would you really be out if you changed dates?

I have $443.00 total into the trip now but I could change my air to another time and only pay the difference in fare if there is any.

I would totally be out of $204.00 of that for a car rental that I did on priceline, which was for Sat. to Sat. but I wouldn't cry over it. Since I have no lodging cost and I haven't done my registration and lift yet, I would be cool if I needed to let this one pass......or I could go just for the social aspect, and maybe have some love on the mtn tales. :dance:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
just coincidentally, I got a marketing piece in the mail from Winterpark with a 20% discount on a 4-night stay or more, lodge and lift from $114 per person, check their website

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Drive North instead. Stowe has received 43" of snow so far this season and nothing but snow is in the forecast for the next week!

I would love to ski Stowe at some point, if I were still living in Albany I would definitely consider going but since I am waaaaaaaaaaay down in DC it's not gonna happen that soon. 43" so far that is great!!!:drool:

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
just coincidentally, I got a marketing piece in the mail from Winterpark with a 20% discount on a 4-night stay or more, lodge and lift from $114 per person, check their website

good lookin' out KG! thanks

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, the word is that everything hinges on whether or not we get a solid snowfall out of the front coming in this week. I would say keep your eyes on the snow report through the end of this week. Sorry I don't have any more inside info. Good luck making your decision.

S

QA1

Certified Ski Diva
I got the e-mail snow alert for WP today. They said 9" fell. Five runs are open. It doesn't look good for more runs until we get a dump.

The mid mountain web cam shows a pretty exposed run. What is going on with the snowmaking operations? Fire those bad boys up!

Well... you will have the five runs pretty much to yourself. That is a good thing. You can also drive over to Hot Sulphur Springs and soak outside in a 108+ degree pool surrounded by snow. That is also a good thing.

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok I'm packed and going! I really need a break! The thought of going to work next week is not sitting well at all! So I'm getting on the plane in the morning. If any Divas want to come out and play in the smow let me know. SkiNurse may come out Monday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna