• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone having any issues with Epic pass this season?

mquest

Diva in Training
I've received my 3rd Epic pass in the mail for this season. I'm a little concerned that it won't work.

The 1st pass came in October, then I got an email saying there was something wrong with it and another was being mailed. So I got the 2nd one in the mail. Then I got a 3rd pass in the mail. I'm planning Monday January 15th at Mount Snow Vermont for my 1st day to ski this season. I'm taking all the passes with me. And I think I have my phone set up to work as well but I've never tried using my phone as a ski pass before.

Has anyone had any issues with their pass this year?

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I am still using my old pass from a few years ago. They don't send me one anymore. It's always super easy to get one printed at the ticket window on arrival if there is something wrong with it so I wouldn't worry about it.

horsepowered

Certified Ski Diva
I am still using my old pass from a few years ago. They don't send me one anymore. It's always super easy to get one printed at the ticket window on arrival if there is something wrong with it so I wouldn't worry about it.

Same. I haven't received a new pass in probably 2 years, but the old one keeps working as long as we keep paying for it.

I am, however, absolutely refusing to use the epic app on my phone in place of my physical pass. I do not need to worry about whether or not my technology will fail me or my battery will run low.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have an Epic pass for the first time. Never got a card in the mail even though I got two emails related to the delivery. I used My Epic App at Vail and Beaver Creek in December with little problem. Worked best if the app had been opened and left on the pass. Meaning the app wasn't left at some other section such as a trail map.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I haven't used mine yet as have only hit Ikon resorts so far, but my pass profile indicates I don't really need a physical pass because it's uploaded to my phone.

SnowMom

Certified Ski Diva
My physical card has been fine. I've seen quite a few people pulled out of line for some technical glitch related to having both physical pass and their phone pass -- resolved each time by just turning phone Bluetooth off. I wouldn't have the phone one on unless you find you need it.

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Their system was super screwed up. Ours were never sent at all (new passholders). I contacted them in October, and they said there was a printing issue and they'd be re-sent. They never arrived, but we were able to get them printed at the pass office at our local resort. I have the pass on my phone, too, but I prefer having the card.

mquest

Diva in Training
Thank you all for your input. I was hoping to not use my phone. It's a newer phone but I don't think it likes the cold. But it's a nice option if needed. And thanks for the tips regarding how to use the app method. An if I need to go to the pass office, oh well. Since we are arriving on Monday (MLK day), I was hoping to avoid any extra hassles. It's always a challenge skiing on a holiday. That should be our only hectic day.

Happy and safe skiing for everyone.

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
If you are at actual Vail owned resorts, you can get guest services to print you a new one.
I did last time I went because my app account # and physical RFID # didn't match, so I thought the card I had was old, but nope... Physical card and App # are different.

mustski

Angel Diva
Our was mailed to an old address even though my account is under my current address. They re-sent them. Only mine arrived. I just got off the phone with them and they are sending Bob’s. It will take 8-20 days. Makes me re-think buying one in the future

SnowMom

Certified Ski Diva
They switched to a new vendor this year for the app and this new phone pass process. I'd expect that fixing the glitch is a priority that will be resolved before long, if it hasn't been already.

With IT stuff, everything inevitably turns bad as soon as there is a holiday -- am guessing that the start of peak season (plus IT vendor employees taking holiday break) lead to a mess of finding unexpected bugs that didn't show in pre-rollout testing.

I've had the same physical card for years without issue. Whenever my kiddo has accidentally lost his physical pass, they have just reprinted it at Guest Services at the mountain without issue.

Not giving Vail a pass here, I think whomever drafted their IT and pass vendor contract deserves a talking to, but I also recognize that sometimes these things happen at the worst times and these lessons tend to stay with a company.

AJazzLady

Diva in Training
I just returned from Breckenridge and used my pass in the app because my physical card never arrived (despite supposedly being issued and mailed 3 times). It worked ok but I'd prefer a physical card. The app requires bluetooth to be on and the pass open in the app, then you're supposed to just leave it like that and it will scan from your jacket pocket like the card does. When you open the Epic app you'll see your pass with a green check then you click See Pass. I'd do that in the morning but later if I'd check texts or take a picture then it didn't scan. I'd have to take it out of my pocket and reopen the app to click See Pass which required removing my gloves and dealing with my face not being recognized because of my goggles.

The feature in the app that's supposed to allow GPS tracking to see where you've skied never worked for me. I'd click it and it would say No Resorts Nearby. Not sure if it was just my app that didn't work or if it wasn't working for the resort.

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely experiencing issues with the new app. It shows prior seasons, but I can’t get any data from what I have skied this year at Roundtop.

Vail‘s IT and customer service suck. But then those depts aren’t revenue generators. :-(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga