• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone ever been to Mt. Hood in mid-late April

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is VERY premature, but I'm thinking about a ski trip for next year over April spring break. If any of you have any information about Mt. Hood (conditions at that time of year, hotels, etc.), I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a local. This April things look to be pretty good!!!

April is usually decent on Hood. Meadows may or may not stay open depending on snow, but Hood can get late season dumps even after a crummy early season (like this year).

Timberline will be open.

For reference, I usually end off my ski season sometime in May. However, I've also been known to ski in June without having to go up to the glacier.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last 3 years I've had my best powder days in April on Mt Hood. We tend to have cooler springs and late-season storms.

If the ski year is awesome and temps are cold, hit up Ski Bowl. They have great terrain and a local vibe. Otherwise go to Meadows. I LOVE Timberline LODGE but I personally think the ski slopes are a waste of a good powder day. :smile:

As far as places to stay - if you want to be on-mountain, check Cooper's Spur or the Collin's Lake Condos in Govt Camp. There's tons of great vacation rentals, but not much in the way of hotels. The Huckleberry Inn has good breakfast. (Maple bars as big as your head!) Avoid Resort on the Mountain. Overpriced and you still have a 20 min drive. :smile:

Anyways - that's my 2 cents. :smile: Have fun on Mt Hooooood!:smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga