• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone else suffer from end of season depression?

abc

Banned
Depression??? At 80 degrees and sunshine? Not a chance!

There's plenty of cycling, plenty of white water kayaking, and more than a few lifetime of hiking. Excitement and anticipation is more like it!!!

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh I am really jonesing for skiing. I miss the anticipation, the excitement about snow falls, the thrill of skiing and improving or figuring out what to improve. I do have a pretty great summer planned with trips to Maine and Alaska. In Alaska I'll be flying into bear country to hang out with some real brown bears. I may be going to Abasin if I can get over this bronchitis and I can afford with Alaska trip planned for four people. All this fun can get expensive.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
All done as of last weekend. Doing good, it's definitely time to move on. I think what really gets to me more than the (inevitable) end of the season is when it thaws mid-season - or worse, RAINS :mad: That's when I get that totally deprived feeling.

The inevitable end of the season date varies from year to year but is remarkably consistent up here, to within about a week. So when it comes around.....it's party time. Had one of the best closers this past weekend in years, so no complaints!

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A Basin is still open. Even the new back bowl!:D
Saturday was great a little tough in the crud as it didn't warm up until late, but the groomers made us able to fly!

altagirl

Staff member
I'm more annoyed that we had this great spring weather but then just when you're excited to do something fun in the 80 degree sunshine, it rains/snows all weekend. Bleh. Of course, now that I'm stuck in my office it is BEAUTIFUL outside again.

Kara79

Certified Ski Diva
I had in previous seasons but this year I'm really looking forward to hiking!!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is something special about snow that brings out the little kid in me like nothing else can :bounce::bounce::bounce: I have to admit I still monitor the mountain cams and watch the snow disappear:loco:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
There is something special about snow that brings out the little kid in me like nothing else can :bounce::bounce::bounce: I have to admit I still monitor the mountain cams and watch the snow disappear:loco:

Nothing thrills me like skiing so, yeh, I've been really bummed this past month since the NC season ended. I've SAD (seasonal affective disorder) so all the April showers really took a toll on me. But, like Ski Diva, I've been on the ski diva site ~a lot~ more!

But, I was originally a swimmer long before a skier. And, now that I have my own pool, I swim daily April to mid October. I've been working on the pool most of the past week and was rewarded today with it finally being ready for laps. And our great long weekend (within a mile of one of SC's worst ever forest fires) at the Crescent Ski Council's 40th anniversary convention, with perfect weather and northwesterly breezes, could not be beat. This definitely pulled me out of the "end of the season funk". It's time for me to be the Swimmouse!

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This year, no. Our season ended wonderfully, perfect... 3 runs down SR's White Heat full of soft bumps, blue bird skies and with my hubby (hard to ski together with the kids). They haven't had this run open the last few springs (thank goodness the old marketing guy AK is outta there - yahooooo!), and there's just something about that trail and spring that just delight me (even though there are other great runs with similar conditions...just nostalgia and memories) - so to end it that way was more than I ever dreamed.

Also, winter is crazy between the 2 houses every weekend (only one at home between Xmas and mid-April), it's almost a relief. I love summer. By September I'll be jonesing though.

Other springs I've had harder transitions, but this year I guess I'm still high from our last day and it'll carry me through next season.

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But, like Ski Diva, I've been on the ski diva site ~a lot~ more!

My work has started banning this sight as 'potentially malicious...' so I can't get to this sight anymore...probably help the transition lol. Have there been virus problems here (or something?), or did they discover I was spending too much time here and it's malicious to my productivity lol (?).

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
MaryLou, there was a virus problem, but it has been resolved. We have a new host now, who "disinfected" the site.

Tammy

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad to see I'm not alone here with feeling bummed about the end of ski season. It went by too fast for me :|.

The other thing I dread about the end of winter is allergy season-- hopefully by the middle of June I'll be feeling chipper enough to find another outdoor activity.

It felt good last weekend to give my house a thorough cleaning after having been lax all winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga