• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any DH Mountain Bikers Here?

AliciaHamilton

Diva in Training
Just wondering, I'm always looking for riding buddies; I'm close to Diablo and would love to meet some new friends to play outside with!
PM me if you DH and want to meet up! Sometimes it helps to have a friend to work up the courage to nail the drop you know you can nail....I'm all about girl power!:thumbsup:

altagirl

Staff member
I am, but I'm way out on the other side of the country! I just went down to Las Vegas this weekend to do some riding and we rode at Bootleg Canyon on Saturday, which was a blast. I can't wait for my favorite trails to open up! It feels so good to get out on my bike. :love: :love: :love:

Are you traveling out this way for any races? I'll be at Sea Otter, Angel Fire, Deer Valley, Sol Vista (MSC race)...

What are you riding on this year? I just got my Ventana El Cuervo painted metallic pearlescent white and should be able to pick up my frame today. And just got a new wheelset with Sun MTX pink camo rims and hadley hubs, which are so sweet. Can't wait to get that bike all back together.

And then I have a new Transition Syren that is supposed to ship to me on the 26th. Yay for new bikes! :smile:

AliciaHamilton

Diva in Training
Sweet new ride! Was Bootleg in good shape? We are going to vegas the 26th through the 1st, but to rock climb (Red Rock Conservation area is some the best climbing in the world).

Sorry to say I won't be out your way, at least since we just moved from CO; if you have not been there yet, Sol Vista is AWESOME!--and Angel Fire is my fav type of riding, rocks rocks rocks :eyebrows:

I'll be doing the Gravity East Series, The US OPEN as well as the new Windham National series race and the National Championships at Mt. Snow, which is, still my favorite place to ride. As much as I miss the west, I love the east coast soil for riding! I'm a little nervous though, this will be my first season racing "Pro" on the DH bike--done it for years in XC but that is a different kind of animal.

OH! I have an Iron Horse Sunday. I am 5'2" and that was the only bike that would fit me besides the Giant Glory XS; I got it in CO from a rock shox employee who pimped it out, tried DH'ing once and said "this is not for me" and sold it to me for a VERY good price :D

If you come to do nationals let me know!

altagirl

Staff member
Sweet new ride! Was Bootleg in good shape? We are going to vegas the 26th through the 1st, but to rock climb (Red Rock Conservation area is some the best climbing in the world).

Sorry to say I won't be out your way, at least since we just moved from CO; if you have not been there yet, Sol Vista is AWESOME!--and Angel Fire is my fav type of riding, rocks rocks rocks :eyebrows:

I'll be doing the Gravity East Series, The US OPEN as well as the new Windham National series race and the National Championships at Mt. Snow, which is, still my favorite place to ride. As much as I miss the west, I love the east coast soil for riding! I'm a little nervous though, this will be my first season racing "Pro" on the DH bike--done it for years in XC but that is a different kind of animal.

OH! I have an Iron Horse Sunday. I am 5'2" and that was the only bike that would fit me besides the Giant Glory XS; I got it in CO from a rock shox employee who pimped it out, tried DH'ing once and said "this is not for me" and sold it to me for a VERY good price :D

If you come to do nationals let me know!

Nice! This is my first season racing pro DH too - how funny!

Bootleg was totally great - this was actually the first time I've been there. On Friday we rode out on the Cottonwood trails out by the Red Rock Conservation area - that's also funny because we were looking at the rocks and commenting that there must be some good rock climbing back there. That was really fun XC riding. I took out my singlespeed and it was perfect - nice rolling terrain with enough rocks and twisty turns to keep it entertaining. Saturday we rode Bootleg - we actually rode up the first time instead of shuttling and then did the XC loop off the backside which was really fun. Nice and techy XC. And then rode down the front and then shuttled after that. And yesterday I just stopped on my way home and rode the Prospector trail just north of St. George.

I'm actually going to race both the pro DH and the Sport women's SS XC race at Sea Otter. I'm totally not an XC'er, but I've been getting more and more into it since buying my SS last year. So I saw the SS class and dragged another DHer who has a rigid SS into doing that race with me.

I don't think I'll make it out to the east coast for any races this year, but it does sound fun!

AliciaHamilton

Diva in Training
Your XC Skills will really pay off in the Sea Otter DH, LOTS OF PEDALING!!!!
GOOD LUCK:yahoo:
And big jumps :eek:

...which is my weakness....I am able to ride of some drops now, but at to nailing gap jumps....uh...I have a lot of work to do. Luckily there is a great BMX track and tabletops are the place so as soon as it's not a mudfest (the bmx track). What's so hard for me is that I've spent so many years as a XC racer dailing in speed and learning to suck stuff up, so when it is time to spring off the jump I suck it up instead! Practice, practice, practice!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll have a great season, keep me posted :becky:

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm just getting into riding. Hubby has been into it for years and I bought a Norco Katmandu 2 seasons ago and have been playing in the woods a little. I'm nowhere near ready to compete but I did play on the slopes at Sunday River and that was pretty darned fun!

AliciaHamilton

Diva in Training
I'm just getting into riding. Hubby has been into it for years and I bought a Norco Katmandu 2 seasons ago and have been playing in the woods a little. I'm nowhere near ready to compete but I did play on the slopes at Sunday River and that was pretty darned fun!

Having fun is all that matters! Sometimes I hate the "pressure" of racing, but as soon as you realize that the whole course is all taped off meaning no hikers, no one in your way....well that is why I like to race, the course is all mine!:laugh:

The more you dig it, maybe try a beginnner event? The DH culture is fantastic and the people you'll meet.....That is the other reason I show up to race! :D

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got an Ironhorse 7point last fall and I'm so excited to do more DHing this summer. No racing for me though - not really into it.

altagirl

Staff member
Yeah, the actual racing can be stressful, but traveling to new places, meeting new people, and pushing yourself to try new things makes it worthwhile to me.

Plus, this year I'm on a really fun team (VeloBellas) with one of my favorite riding buddies so I'm super stoked for race season!

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's been a few years since I've done any real riding to speak of... you know, not counting the occasional Saturday ride to Jamba Juice... :laugh: Used to go a couple/few times a week in the nearby foothills.

You guys are inspiring me! Perhaps I will get back out this spring/summer, maybe even a little DH at Tahoe:eyebrows: ...

altagirl

Staff member
It's been a few years since I've done any real riding to speak of... you know, not counting the occasional Saturday ride to Jamba Juice... :laugh: Used to go a couple/few times a week in the nearby foothills.

You guys are inspiring me! Perhaps I will get back out this spring/summer, maybe even a little DH at Tahoe:eyebrows: ...

Do it - it's really fun! :smile:

(and totally off topic, but I have to laugh. Every time I see you post, I think "huh, I don't even remember posting in that thread lately!" My name is Connie and my screen name is "Connie" on a couple of other boards and I have to keep telling myself that it's not me! :loco: )

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
(and totally off topic, but I have to laugh. Every time I see you post, I think "huh, I don't even remember posting in that thread lately!" My name is Connie and my screen name is "Connie" on a couple of other boards and I have to keep telling myself that it's not me! :loco: )

Nice to meet another Connie! :beer: There are very few of us out there, aren't there?

I've pinged a couple gfs and they are excited to do a Girls Weekend at Tahoe once the bike lifts open! I was so excited, I went to the Cycling class at the gym last night to get my arse kicked. :eek: I love that awesome endorphin feeling! Been too long!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga