• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another WOOO HOOO: Atomic Elysian

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not long ago I posted a big WOOO HOOO for my new Nordica Hell's Belles.

Well, here's another WOOO HOOO, this time for the Atomic Elysian.

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 3.57.01 PM.png

This is a ski that's been around for a few years. I'd tried it a couple years ago at a demo day and just thought it was a blast! So I recently managed to get my hot sweaty hands on them, and I'm so glad I did. They are soooooo much fun.

A little about me: I'm an advanced skier, 5'1", 110 lbs.

The skis: 159, 124-95-115

Maybe it's because they're a twin tip. The Elysian has a 95-waist, a rockered tip and tail, camber underfoot, and a wood core reinforced with carbon. The result is a ski with a lot of energy that's really easy to maneuver in both short and long turns. I had it on groomers, in bumps, and in powder and crud, and it did not disappoint. No chatter, no problem on the hard pack, though I think the Hell's Belles may be a bit better in that department.

The bottom line: this is a very fun all mountain ski that will get you through everything with a grin on your face. I <3 these skis.

Wow, deciding what to ski this year is going to be tough! :wink:

Last edited:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now tell us the truth...which do you prefer? Or is that a question too early in the assessment?
Is the Atomic significantly heavier? Because of the twin tip did you feel more slip of the tail---smearing perhaps---coming out of turns? Curious only because you are short (like me) and us ladies who are on the smaller side come away with a different perspective than our opposites when using the same skis. We might feel similarly about a ski's characteristics, but experience the feel in another way.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Now tell us the truth...which do you prefer? Or is that a question too early in the assessment?
Is the Atomic significantly heavier? Because of the twin tip did you feel more slip of the tail---smearing perhaps---coming out of turns? Curious only because you are short (like me) and us ladies who are on the smaller side come away with a different perspective than our opposites when using the same skis. We might feel similarly about a ski's characteristics, but experience the feel in another way.

I think I need a little more time on the Atomics before I make that call. I'll keep you posted.

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied these in August this year and also liked them, a very versatile and dependable ski.

I happen to like many of the same skis as you, Hells Bells, Aura etc so perhaps we are a 'type' I think it's helpful for people to know that if they like one ski, they should like another of the 'type'

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I think I need a little more time on the Atomics before I make that call. I'll keep you posted.

As a north east coast skier, do you have any more thoughts on the Elysian vs. Hells Belles? I'm quite interested in the comparison...do each of them shine individually, or is there quite a bit of overlap?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As a north east coast skier, do you have any more thoughts on the Elysian vs. Hells Belles? I'm quite interested in the comparison...do each of them shine individually, or is there quite a bit of overlap?

There IS a bit of an overlap, but not quite. I LOVE the Hell's Belles; they're a great all mountain ski, even in eastern conditions. But the Elysian is a poppier, easier to turn ski (it's a twin tip). It's also wider, so it's a bit better in powder; I've skied it in a foot of freshies with no problem. And even though it's 95 underfoot, it's easier than the Hell's Belles in the bumps.

Believe me, I love them both; each time I ski on one, I think 'THIS is my favorite ski.' Then there's my Volkl Tierras, which absolutely shine on hardback. And my Auras, another great all mountain ski. Decisions, decisions.........

abc

Banned
each time I ski on one, I think 'THIS is my favorite ski.'
That's me!

(There're some skis I don't like. But of the vast majority of skis that fit me, I think they all have big enough "performance envelope" that I always thought the one on my feet were THE best one for me!)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, you can get some great deals on used skis on ebay, too. I've seen Volkl Tierras for as low as $200. :smile:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Asogear" is a good ebay store specializing in ski gear. Shipping is usually free. I have no affliation to them, only good experience from their service and responsiveness.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
BTW, you can get some great deals on used skis on ebay, too. I've seen Volkl Tierras for as low as $200. :smile:
Actually, you can get some pretty awesome deals on brand new skis, too. :becky: My Edens, new, unmounted, 2013, were 229. Sold.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not long ago I posted a big WOOO HOOO for my new Nordica Hell's Belles.

Well, here's another WOOO HOOO, this time for the Atomic Elysian.

View attachment 2156

This is a ski that's been around for a few years. I'd tried it a couple years ago at a demo day and just thought it was a blast! So I recently managed to get my hot sweaty hands on them, and I'm so glad I did. They are soooooo much fun.

A little about me: I'm an advanced skier, 5'1", 110 lbs.

The skis: 159, 124-95-115

Maybe it's because they're a twin tip. The Elysian has a 95-waist, a rockered tip and tail, camber underfoot, and a wood core reinforced with carbon. The result is a ski with a lot of energy that's really easy to maneuver in both short and long turns. I had it on groomers, in bumps, and in powder and crud, and it did not disappoint. No chatter, no problem on the hard pack, though I think the Hell's Belles may be a bit better in that department.

The bottom line: this is a very fun all mountain ski that will get you through everything with a grin on your face. I <3 these skis.

Wow, deciding what to ski this year is going to be tough! :wink:
I am about your height and weight (about 8 lbs lighter) also an advanced skier (never skied east coast) but ski mostly Tahoe, and was curious about the Atomic Elysians. I get a bit hung up on length as I have Volkl Kenjas 149 (shortest skis I have ever owned), previously owned K2 Lotta Luv 153), and many more skis all the way to 180's. I demoed Blizzard Samba 152 and thought they were a blast…. ski a bit short but was in tracked up sierra cement. Any other ideas for all mountain - mostly ungroomed? Wanted to try Rossi Savory 7 but never did - got hung up on shortest available was 162.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My Elysians are 159, but because they're twin tips, they actually ski shorter. Besides, the next size down is 150, and I think that'd be waaay too short.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna