• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another one bites the dust

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yep. Not good. I'm doing the cryo cuff right now. Curiously, today is the anniversary date of my son's first ACL rupture. I don't know how bad mine is.

I was collided into, on a catwalk, as I was at the edge of a steep run start. So my speed was 0 mph. Was just pivoting to head down the run when it occurred, with a resultant very slow, twisting backward fall. One ski even released, at 0 mph. The other stayed on, what a torque on my outside calf muscles. All pulled (probably). Right knee - well, had a phone consult with my son, he doesn't think it's an ACL rupture, but it's really starting to swell in the back (not good). Having both legs in considerable pain has made this 2nd floor a challenge....

Didn't go to ski patrol, didn't yell at the perpetrator, just went home. Guess I'll call the orthopedic surgeon in the a.m.

With profound apologies to persee and DH, who we're supposed to meet at Sugarloaf at 9 Monday. I'm sending DH, as I don't have her contact info and don't want to be a no-show.

Forthcoming diva event attendance by me will be dependent on the diagnosis and how I feel. I'm suspecting, based on my last knee injury 5 years ago, that this will be a 14 day minimum hiatus. Which means I may have to miss 3/1-3/2 :Cry:

Bottom line: be careful out there. Thought I WAS. It was someone else who wasn't, and I was in harm's way.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ooof . This sort of thing happens all too often.

Hope it's nothing serious and that you're not in too much pain. Icing sounds like a good idea.

Consider fingers & toes crossed for you!

Best of luck tomorrow. Keep us posted.

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How Horrible. :( I've been hit by other skiers before and it hurts so bad. :hurt: :injured: This is coming from someone who has been plowed over by a lot of horses over the years and my skier to skier crashes have hurt a lot more. I wish people would be more careful on the slopes. My biggest fear skiing now is being hit again. :fear:
I wish you could have yelled at the idiot that hit you, at least that would have felt good. :yell: :mad2:

Take care of yourself. :hug:

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh No! Sorry to hear that MSL, I hope it repairs itself fast.

:injured: <------ have you noticed the cute little bandage on his bum?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, MSL, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope that your diagnosis tomorrow is as positive as possible. Hugs to you!

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Oh No, MSL. So sorry to hear this. Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:injured:

So sorry..

I personally think cat walks are the most dangerous are of the mountain!

That blows! I was thinking of you today braving the crowds at the Loaf. I am really afraid of skiing when it's crowded. Of course, this could happen on a quiet day too, but . . .

This doctor's wife prescribes ice, ice baby and a nice glass of wine. Please report in the morning!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh man! Rest up as much as you can! Hope that you are able to get out and enjoy things soon!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
You guys are great. :smile: Who else would better understand than a diva! SNWL, the cryo cuff is back in action. Will pass on the wine, however, I don't drink. But DH will have one in my honor!

Based on the location of the swelling, I'm guessing LCL right now - man, it feels weird - almost as if my lower leg is strangely disconnected (not a good sign). And who knows what I did to the left leg, but having both out of service is truly an inconvenience (remembering the story about sibhusky's - I believe it was her? - 2 broken wrists! :eek: )

Doggone thing is that I was just coming out of my "mid-season blues," too :mad: - what a beautiful day it was, and I not only wanted to cry, I think I did shed a few. Hit while standing still....and ironically, this is the SECOND time it has happened to me in a few years. The first time, I got knocked out cold! (but no other injuries)

Will report with info when available. In the meantime, I am so terribly sad that I will most likely have to miss a Diva weekend in my region.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wishing you a speedy recovery and maybe some more days on the slopes this year!

NannyMin

Banned
Oh man, MSL! :Cry: If you don't do wine, how about chocolate? :p I'm sending super speedy vibes in your direction and hope to hear good news from you soon.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:laugh: Chocolate is extremely acceptable! In fact, I'm going to hobble downstairs, one step at a time, right now and make myself some Godiva hot chocolate (xmas gift)!

NannyMin

Banned
:laugh: Chocolate is extremely acceptable! In fact, I'm going to hobble downstairs, one step at a time, right now and make myself some Godiva hot chocolate (xmas gift)!

Wait! We need to send you a Ski Diva bell, so you can ring it for dh to bring you some chocolate! :laugh:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll pitch in for the bell :smile: SkiDiva, can you get cafepress to screen the logo on some bells so injured divas can summon their manservants in style?

Hope you're feeling better ASAP, MSL.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Chocolates (think bon bons) are one of my specialties! Unfortunately, until I get some strength and mobility back in my left arm I can't make them. :(

I truly hope it isn't anything serious. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck with the orthopedic.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'll pitch in for the bell :smile: SkiDiva, can you get cafepress to screen the logo on some bells so injured divas can summon their manservants in style?

That would be VERY bad mojo! :nono:

MSL isn't going to down long enough for need of a bell, right?????

Besides, the SkiDiva Pool Boy idea is sooooo much better! :eyebrows:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga