• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

And so it begins in the East....

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YAY!!!! I wish I could go! It would be quite a drive for me though!

If anyone goes...report back to us Divas who don't live near an open resort right now!!!

:clap:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:becky::thumbsup:
Done deal!
Report pending.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Pics uploading. Big files, kinda slow. Hey, full tr w/pix this evening at the latest! Patience, ladies, unless you just want words/text (nah!) :wink:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Actually, DSL is clipping along pretty quick right now - it's the photo-host that's s....l....o....w.....:rolleyes:
Fear not! Will also collate a couple of videos over the next couple of days, upload and share. Was all kinda silly, really, for what it is/was, but hey.....it's SKIING, huh? :wink:

Jilly

Staff member
Rumour has it - Mont St. Saveur might open this weekend - SkiBam, you drive by it. Anything??

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I'm all done! Can I go play now?

skipink

Certified Ski Diva
I wish all this rain was snow! Then we would be playing in the East!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone skiing this weekend in the East? I'm thinking about doing day 1 this Saturday Nov 14th, need to see what the Killington website says tomorrow.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wish I could but I have too much homework. Hoping to live vicariously through a Diva though! :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wish it would get COLD! Wow, I'm pretty close to good skiing, and thus far this week, it's barely been below freezing at NIGHT, much less during the day, with some daytime temps hitting 60! (Today was "only" 52, though :rolleyes:) Where did fall-to-winter GO??? :noidea:

Jilly

Staff member
Same here. I really don't think that Tremblant will open next weekend. Long range is for below freezing at night, but not during the day. I know from the webcams they have everything hooked up and ready to go!

I think we'll still head up and move into the condo.

skipink

Certified Ski Diva
We had 5 3/4 " of rain just yesterday and expect it to rain all day today too! Unfortunately it's 47 degrees. However it was snowing at Snowshoe and they turned on the guns yesterday!

overthehilldiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loon just postponed its opening until Dec. 4th! Wow, I remember a few Thanksgiving weekends years ago that the whole mountain was open.
Guess that gives me a little more time to get back to the gym. I had some stupid thing last month that knocked me for a loop...swine flu???? I had NO energy for weeks. Finally got out and played 9 holes of golf on Monday afternoon...golf in November in New England - OMG. It was a beautiful day and I thought - not many days like this. I'll play hooky. It couldn't believe I got tired just playing and walking 9 holes - I'm pitiful.
OTHD
OTHD

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
oth, hope you are feeling better! Oh, the flu....pretty serious stuff this year....
Most eastern resorts have put it all on hold, FWIW. There hasn't been much point, throwing good $ after bad. Snow making is mega-bucks. Long-range forecast looks much better after the holidays, but it does look like the Thanksgiving holiday might well be a total loss this year for most resorts. And, as I noted elsewhere earlier, I frankly would rather have a delayed start than a nasty January thaw. (Well, I'd rather have neither, but.....:noidea:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga