• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

And another one gone...

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, I'm not injured any further, but...

My husband decided to take his last run through the terrain park yesterday, and as he hit the jump he realized, "I have no business doing this." He sailed off the jump about 25 feet in the air and came down on his right hip and shoulder. Ski Patrol brought him down in the toboggan and they said, "we can't force you to go to the Med Center." So, he didn't go. Men.

We went to the Med Center this morning (he can't bear any weight on his right leg), and thankfully nothing is broken. The doctor wrote him a prescription for pain and for physical therapy if he isn't moving around on it okay by the end of next week. He's got a black eye and a few other cuts on his face, but thank God he was wearing his helmet. (The one I insisted he buy and finally did after the death we had on the mountain a few weeks ago.)

I'm joking that we should have a t-shirt for those of us in town who have been taken down on the toboggan. It's an exclusive (but unfortunately growing) club.

Bummer! Glad he wasn't more seriously injured.

Had your husband ever skied features before? I'm an aspiring park rat but won't try anything new without coaching (too afraid to be injured -- too many kids and clients to be down and out with an injury....)

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bummer! Glad he wasn't more seriously injured.

Had your husband ever skied features before? I'm an aspiring park rat but won't try anything new without coaching (too afraid to be injured -- too many kids and clients to be down and out with an injury....)

He's skied the smaller terrain park, but not this one. This morning the doctor asked Andy if he's accident prone. He said he wasn't, to which I added, "no, but he's a risk taker." He couldn't help but agree. He had no business on the big jumps and unfortunately didn't realize it until he was just hitting the edge of it. I think he's learned a big lesson. AND, he might actually learn some empathy for those of us who are really injured, e.g., me. LOL...

I'm thrilled nothing was broken. We don't need two long-term gimps in the family.

... but thank God he was wearing his helmet. (The one I insisted he buy and finally did after the death we had on the mountain a few weeks ago.)

:thumbsup:

Hoping for a speedy recovery! :D Make up a great story for the black eye! That could be fun! :D

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Saw this thread title, and first thought was OH NO.

Good grief.
OW.
Sure would rather not see even more new threads about injuries. But, as the old saying goes, could have been worse. Hoping that this resolves quickly!!
He really, TRULY IS LUCKY that it wasn't worse. I'm sure he isn't feeling particularly lucky at this moment in time, however.
Get well wishes to your DH!

Now I cannot get that song out of my head, especially the bass line.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Sucks when you get in over your head. I've been off the slopes for 2 weeks now because of my last foray... going too fast (for me) where I shouldn't have been.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I know! I've been singing it since you first posted about your injury last week!
Well, this song beats the one I had in my head the week prior when someone started "it's a small world" in re meeting people on chairlift. Oops. I just stated those words again....:doh:

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouch.

He's definitely lucky it wasn't any worse. Glad to hear it.

But about the songs....now I have an interesting medley of It's a Small World and Another One Bites the Dust rmbling around in my head - how bizarre is that combo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga